St.George and the Dragon

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2000
      This is a "compressed" quote from Steiner,in his book "Christ and the
      Spiritual World: The Search for the Holy Grail",pages 64-65,in the
      1963 hardback edition:
      "St.George and the Dragon reflect that celestial event when the
      Christ became incarnated and TAMED the Dragon in the soul-nature of
      man.The Christ,an angelic Being, had actually to connect himself with
      the Dragon-nature; to take on as it were the form of the Dragon in
      order to tame it.He had to work from within the Dragon,so that the
      Dragon was ennobled and brought out of chaos into a kind of harmony."
      My interpretation of this is that it is the Christ who can
      resolve the duality within human nature.I would be interested in the
      comments of members.
      Sena