Message to Janet

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2000
      Thanks for your email,Janet.I have been hearing about Steiner off and
      on for the past 15 years as there is a Waldorf school
      in Bristol,England,where I live,some positive comments,others not so
      positive.I also happened to visit a Camphill community a few years
      ago in the course of my work.I did not appreciate the
      Steiner-Camphill connection at the time,but I liked the atmosphere of
      the place.
      I did not bother to read any of Steiner's books as I had somehow
      got the impression that he was a bit weird and cranky.Then, four
      months ago,I read "TheTree of Life and the Holy Grail" by Sylvia
      Francke,a British anthroposophist,and this awakened my interest.I
      went on to read Steiner's Redemption of Thinking,which impressed me
      greatly. I am now reading "A Scientist of the Invisible" by
      A.P.Shepherd,which gives an account of Steiner's life.
      I look forward to reading your contributions.
      Sena