Re: The Soul Calendar, Week 31

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2000
      THE 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
      Here’s the 31st week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52
      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)
      events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of the
      zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos into you in the day) and the Moon's position in the constellations
      each night (for sensing the lunar forces), as well as a list of saints and
      other spiritual figures to meditate on connected with specific days of the
      week.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,
      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:
      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft
      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,
      Um Kräfte zu entbinden,
      Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben
      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Deeps
      Strives outwards like the Sun:
      It turns into Life-Will-Force
      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,
      The Powers to unbind,
      That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives
      In Man's Work will let ripen.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt this growing
      thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to
      certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully. This week, the verse
      focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to
      turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating
      the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the
      soul into creatively-shaping forces.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Scorpio from
      Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of Scorpio done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment. The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published
      in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful
      material for contemplation on their days. I’m in the process of translating
      these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday November 19th. Moon Leo. Pope Zacharias.
      Monday November 20th. Moon Leo. Amos (the prophet). 1910 Tolstoy died.
      Tuesday November 21st. Moon Virgo. Festival of the Offerring of Mary (Day
      of Remembrance of the Bringing of Mary to the Temple in Jerusalem in the 3rd
      Year of her upbringing).
      Wednesday November 22nd. Moon Virgo. 1694 Voltaire born.
      Thursday November 23rd. Moon Libra. Clemens (the Companion of Paul).
      Friday November 24th. Moon Libra.1632 Spinoza born.
      Saturday November 25th. Moon Scorpius. New Moon. 1814 the Physicist J.R.
      Mayer born.

      *******Dr. Starman