Welcome Sarah

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2002

      *******Welcome Sarah, its delightful to have you here! I think you'll find this list has a lot less arguing than the anthroposophy one.

          Perhaps you could say a little bit about what you've been studying, and we can see if anyone else here would like to talk about children and Waldorf education and all that. You may know I was trained as a Waldorf school teacher, have a Master's in Waldorf Education, and taught in the high schools for some years ( I teach college now). I could certainly help some discussion of Waldorf principles to start.

         How about this? First, Waldorf education doesn't have to be something only people with children talk about; one of the things we realize is that most of us have been mis-educated, and that if we want to raise children differently we have to work on "curing" ourselves of our own bad education. How do we do that? What are the problems our OWN upbringings have left us with?

          Then, how would we want today's children (our own or in general) to grow up differently? And how would we do that?

      -starman

      >   I have some thoughts about what to post, but I'd like to hear what
      people think they'd be interested in, and what they would want to participate
      in. I  have my particular interests, like astrology of course, but
      anthroposophy has so many areas and facets, I'm sure we could do many things.

      Hi Starman,
      Sarah here from the anthroposophy list :-)
      Thought I'd join your list as I enjoy your reading your posts there.
      I'm nearly half way thru Foundations in Anthroposophy; a 2 yr part time
      course at our local school, so I'm pretty much a beginner. My particular
      interest would be in the parenting issues, as this is what drew me to
      anthroposophy in the first place.
      Sarah

      http://www.DrStarman.net
    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2002
        Thanks for the welcome. The course I'm doing is called Foundations in Anthroposphy, and The Grail Quest. Do you know of Jerry Josephson? He is our head lecturer and I believe he did something or other in the US and also taught in Sussex in the UK. The course is difficult to describe; we're mostly covering human evolution from RS's Creation theory and we're about to embark on The Christ event next term. Next year we cover the following 2000yrs until the present day. We also have lectures on language, animals, the temperaments, the life of RS, one on 'eels and salmon', plus we do singing, visual arts, drama and story telling. It's also the prerequisite for teacher training - which I won't be doing due to having too much on my plate already.

        I did read on your website that you have a Masters in WE. You're right about Waldorf ed being for adults as well; I've found this in the course.  Look forward to hearing more.

        Sarah