Re: [steiner] Digest Number 389

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2002
      > I have some thoughts about what to post, but I'd like to hear what
      people
      > think they'd be interested in, and what they would want to participate
      in. I
      > have my particular interests, like astrology of course, but
      anthroposophy has
      > so many areas and facets, I'm sure we could do many things.

      Hi Starman,
      Sarah here from the anthroposophy list :-)
      Thought I'd join your list as I enjoy your reading your posts there.
      I'm nearly half way thru Foundations in Anthroposophy; a 2 yr part time
      course at our local school, so I'm pretty much a beginner. My particular
      interest would be in the parenting issues, as this is what drew me to
      anthroposophy in the first place.
      Sarah
    • Benjamin Gregg
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2002
        Although I'm very new to this list, I'd like to say first of all that I
        greatly appreciate what is being done here, and hope that this genuine
        heartfelt striving to share truth with others will continue. However, I'd
        like to say also that I'm rather cynical about the internet as a forum in
        general. Trying to do something elevated and pure--such as I believe many
        of you are attempting to do here--ON THE INTERNET is not unlike trying to
        share truth on a crowded city street! While it's commendable, and you'll
        nearly always draw some spectators, more than likely you'll also find some
        detractors among them!--many of whom do not have the strength to prevent
        themselves from trying to disrupt or sully the proceedings.

        This is because we all struggle with our personal demons. We all have our
        "bad" spirits who try to work through us (--In a series of lectures
        translated as "How Can Mankind Find the Christ Again," Steiner mentions that
        we're actually "packed full" of such beings who would like nothing more than
        to use us for their own false purposes), they also cannot bear to hear the
        truth and often cause us to react in ways that our true higher selves would
        rather not. So it is that many a reader, while spiritually willing, finds
        their own flesh too weak, their egos too drunk with illusion to prevent
        these disruptions from within their own selves. So while they may be
        convinced that they're merely being funny, or clever, the sad truth is that
        it is not even them doing it! We therefore need to become conscious of
        these inner urges. We all have these, but should know that it is only by
        struggling to overcome them that we become true servants of the good and
        truthful beings who wish to see us work in freedom and wakeful
        consciousness.

        Of course, I'm not saying we shouldn't have fun or be lighthearted at times;
        just to be aware of our motivations and to know that there will always be
        others who will continue to participate in these forums in a disruptive,
        unserious manner. It's just a fact of life on the internet--and of human
        beings at this stage of evolution! So we should not be discouraged, nor
        even feel that we can always prevent these types of untruths or disruptions.
        Just be aware of what they represent, and forgive those (perhaps even me at
        times?) who may be tempted to give in to weakness.

        Ben

        From: "eurythmy" <eurythmy@...>

        Message: 1
        Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:12:13 +0100
        From: "eurythmy" <eurythmy@...>
        Subject: Re: MICHAELMAS

        Dear Starman,
        I liked your posting on the personality of the day.
        Dyonisius etc
        Please keep on.
        Franky