Below is a document I'm sending, via e-mail, to those annoying
companies who keep pestering me with SPAM. Feel free to "Cut" the
document and "Paste" it into your favorite word processor program.
Then, the next time somebody sends you SPAM, mail them the document,
which demands that they pay you $10 each time they send you a junk
mail letter. Who knows. It might work. The document should be
mailed only to companies which repeatedly ignore your attempts to
stop their un-warranted solicitations.
I do not want to receive uninvited solicitations by email (``Junk
Email''). I am unwilling to receive Junk Email freely because it
costs me time and money. If you send me any Junk Email other than on
the terms of the offer set out in the following nine points, I will
take this to mean that you plan to use what I offered you without
paying for it. If you ever try to do this I reserve my right to take
any action available to me without further reference to you. Actions
available to me include taking proceedings against you for negligence
or breach of contract, which may result in substantial damages being
awarded against you by a court. The unauthorized use of my computing
facilities may even be a crime.
1) I offer to receive all further email from you on the terms set
out below. If you send me any solicitation by email without my
express prior written consent this will be taken as your acceptance
of this offer.
2) For the purposes of points 3 and 4, you will be taken to have
sent any email sent by any entity apparently associated with you for
the purpose of sending email solicitations.
3) You must pay me ten US dollars for each such item of email that
you send me.
4) You must pay me ten US dollars for each copy of each email
solicitation that you send to anybody or any email address referred
to below, even if you don't send a copy to me. You may also have to
pay other persons as well if they have sent you a similar offer.
5) I may join with any of those persons for the purpose of
efficiently collecting your payments.
6) You must mail payment by certified check to me within five
working days of the transmission of the email. If you do not know
where to send payment, you must state this in the email and give me
an easy way to tell you.
7) Each email item must be uniquely identified, and each payment
must clearly identify the relevant item or items.
8) You must tell me your name and full business and residential
addresses in each email message.
9) I may vary the terms of or terminate this offer at any time
(even after you have accepted it). Any new terms will apply to all
email you send after you have been notified of a variation.
copyright Junkbusters Corporation 2002.