MICHAELMAS

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2002
      Dear List,

      Happy Michaelmas all. The past few weeks I've had the desultory
      experience of seeing once again how people are mixing up and/or
      misrepresenting "spiritual science" online. On one list people were saying
      the most hate-filled things imaginable about the U.S., Pres. Bush, etc., and
      claiming or implying anthroposophy somehow backed up their remarks! On
      another, people were saying things about the science being worked out from
      Dr. Steiner's indications that were flatly wrong---and on a list supposed to
      be specifically for science! It made me think that, with this amazing tool of
      the internet, not much of high quality was being done yet with this path to
      spiritual knowledge that means so much to me and a lot of us. Kind of like
      how we have the television medium and nothing but junk on it.

      Now, since Michaelmas is the time of confronting all that's erroneous and
      wrong, pictured as 'the Dragon', I'd like to volunteer to start doing some
      things here that would spread basic anthroposophy wider. (I proposed doing
      this on the RudolfSteiner101 list awhile ago but the response was negative.)
      I plan to begin by posting something every Sunday, along with the Calendar of
      the Soul verse. See, it's not just a good idea to develop spiritual
      knowledge. "The Dragon" is growing stronger and stronger all the time, and we
      have to strengthen ourselves to counter it.

      I have some thoughts about what to post, but I'd like to hear what people
      think they'd be interested in, and what they would want to participate in. I
      have my particular interests, like astrology of course, but anthroposophy has
      so many areas and facets, I'm sure we could do many things.

    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2002
        Dear Starman,
        I liked your posting on the personality of the day.
        Dyonisius etc
        Please keep on.
        Franky
[...]

        Post to steiner@egroups.com