    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 2 5 *

      Ich darf nun mir gehören
      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
      Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
      Und wachend tragen Sonnengluten
      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I now must belong only to myself
      And lightening, spread Inner Light
      Into Space and Time darkness.
      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
      Into the cold Winter-flowing.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
      we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware
      of itself which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this
      the Will was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places
      us in a state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light
      which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is
      the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
      Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. The symbolic image of the Virgin done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post, although it may go
      through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday, September 15th. Moon Capricorn. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel
      was made a leader).
      Monday, September 16th. Moon Aquarius. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
      died.
      Tuesday, September 17th. Moon Aquarius. Justinus.
      Wednesday, September 18th. Moon Aquarius. Titus (School of Paul).
      Thursday, September 19th. Moon Pisces. Eustachius.
      Friday, September 20th. Moon Pisces. Castor.
      Saturday, September 21st. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Matthew (the Evangelist).

      Dr. Starman

      This week's verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

      * M A N T R A # 5 0 *
      Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich
      Sich machtvoll offenbarend,
      Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend