The Soul Calendar, Week 30

  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2000
      THE 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
      Here’s the 30th week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52
      meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
      (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, along with 12
      images of the zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos into you in the day) and the Moon's position in the
      constellations each night (for sensing the lunar forces), as well as a list
      of saints and other spiritual figures and events to meditate on connected
      with the specific days of the week.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht
      Des Denkens reife Früchte
      In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit
      Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.
      Empfinden kann ich freudevoll
      Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:
      Der Winter wird in mir
      Den Seelensommer wecken.

      There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light
      The ripening Fruits of Thinking
      Into Self-Consciousness' certainty
      Transforming all Feelings.
      I can perceive joyously
      The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:
      The Winter becomes in me
      The Soul-Summer's wakening.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhy
      thms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.
      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt a growing power
      of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all
      that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of
      good in the coming Winter. This week, we feel this growing thinking
      consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our
      summer soul-experience awakens fully.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Scorpio from
      Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of Scorpio done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment. The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published
      in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful
      material for contemplation on their days. I’m in the process of translating
      these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday November 12th. Moon Taurus. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.
      Monday November 13th. Moon Taurus. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as
      Pope defender of celibacy for priests).
      Tuesday November 14th. Moon Gemini. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died.
      1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.
      Wednesday November 15th. Moon Gemini. Albertus Magnus (the great scholar
      and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630
      Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.
      Thursday November 16th. Moon Cancer. Edmund (King of England).
      Friday November 17th. Moon Cancer. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical
      Society.
      Saturday November 18th. Moon Leo. Third Quarter. 1789 Daguerre, the
      inventor of photography, born.

      *******Dr. Starman*******

      A note for sky-watchers:
      The Full Moon apears quite near the planet Saturn Sunday night Nov. 12th. It
      will pass to the East of Jupiter on the night of the 13th. The Leonid meteor
      shower begins that night also, with meteors radiating from the constellation
      Leo: this is in the East about midnight.