forgiveness

  • Ashley Case
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23 8:29 AM

      Does forgiveness eradicate karma?  Does my forgiving of someone free them up from having to equalize things with me in future incarnations, and vice versa?
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23 7:03 PM
        In a message dated 8/23/2002 11:31:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ashley.case@... writes:

        Does forgiveness eradicate karma?  Does my forgiving of someone free them up from having to equalize things with me in future incarnations, and vice versa?

        *******
        It does indeed. The way Steiner expressed this in anthroposophy is he says that at a certain point in the last 2,000 years the Christ became the "Lord of Karma". In other words, the Law of Karma---an eye for an eye---was replaced by the Law of Grace, wherein we don't have to demand that others pay their debts to us in the same way. The early inspired Christians knew this and expressed it in saying that Christ had created a New "Testament" or Covenant that replaced the old Law of Judaism.

        -starman