Soul-Calendar

  • DocStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2000
      Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
      Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
      52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
      (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
      night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
      figures and events connected with specific days.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
      Aus Seelensonnenmacht
      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in Inner newly alive
      Feel my own Essence widen
      And power-filled Thinking-rays
      Out of Soul's Sun-Might
      Life-Riddles loosening giving,
      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
      Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

      (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.)

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
      intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
      soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
      developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
      be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
      the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
      into the night-time of the year.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
      Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
      indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
      and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
      birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
      first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
      for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.)

      Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
      Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
      Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
      Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
      (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
      that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
      was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
      to all the gods.)
      Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
      as a Catholic Festival established).
      Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
      Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
      in Guadaloupe.

      *******Dr. Starman