More on the planets

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18 10:53 PM
      LilOleMiss@... writes:
      > Dr. Starman, I've neglected the planets in their deeper aspects, and I'm very glad you've introduced them here! Although your information here is a mystery to me, I've of course understood enough from RS to realize the 7 planets greatly influence all of us. I simply don't know how. Perhaps if I can absorb this to some degree, this part of AP won't be so foreign to me. Now to see what I'm able to make of this. Thanks!
      > Sheila

      *******Glad to. They are certainly very important in many respects. All change or evolution goes in cycles of seven. These 7 phases of the "world of form" or etheric world thus show up everywhere. In older Eastern religion and Theosophy they were the 7 chakras or principles, and of course light with its 7 colors and tone with its 7 notes of the scale. There are also 7 series of atomic weights in the table of elements, and seven "space systems" in the world of crystals. The plant world shows seven main divisions, and in fact all living creatures are "located" by a system of 7 levels of being ---Kingdom, phyla, class, order, family, genus and species. In the Christian religion this is the 7 stars and candles in the Book of Revelations, the 7 angels, churches, etc. In fact Revelations is the record of what happens when the seven "seals" of the "sealed Book" (which is ourselves), are "opened"---the opening of the 7 chakras---and the 7 parts of the Lord's Prayer are likewise an invocation of each center or principle. These are the 7 planets, and the postive development of each plane or level gives the 7 Virtues, while its negative side is the 7 Deadly Sins. The astral world above the etheric nonetheless manifests in and through it, and thus moral things are found also sevenfold; 7 dimensions to the Soul World, for instance (see THEOSOPHY). The 3 lowest of these are what we call the solid, fluid and gaseous states of matter, while the 4 higher are the 4 primary ethers; this is rflected in ancient astrology in the 3 lower or "inner" planets (Moon, Mercury & Venus) and 4 Outer Planets (Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn).

      The order of the planets below, which is that of the days of thew week, is used all over the world, and was derived from an old formula using the Chaldean Order of the Spheres, that very order of the inner & outer written above.

      Starman

    • antrolutz
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19 3:45 AM
        Thanks for this discription, Dr Starman. How does this connect to
        the evolutionary row of the earth. Saturn, Moon, Sun, Mars/Mercury,
        Jupiter, Venus, Vulcan?

        Regards, Lutz
        (PS. You will tell me if I ask to much, right?)

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19 10:34 AM
          info@... writes:
          > Thanks for this discription, Dr Starman. How does this connect to the evolutionary row of the earth. Saturn, Moon, Sun, Mars/Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Vulcan?
          > Regards, Lutz
          > (PS. You will tell me if I ask to much, right?)

          *******One can never ask too much when it's a question of knowledge, as long as there's something to do with it!

          The Chaldean Order of the Spheres---Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon ---is the order of the visible planets from the slowest-moving to the fastest. Now, if you start on any day, and say the first hour of the day (sunrise) is ruled by Saturn, then the next by Jupiter, the next by Mars, and continue---and then after the 7th hour ruled by the Moon you repeat the order Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon again--- the 24th hour comes out ruled by Mars, and so the first hour of the second day (sunrise) will be found to be ruled by the SUN.
          If you continue this order of the hours, the 24th hour of the second day will be found to be ruled by Mercury, and so the first hour of the third day is the MOON's.
          Then, the first hour of the 4th day is ruled by Mars, the 5th day by Mercury, the 6th by Jupiter and the 7th by Venus. Only then, after 7 x 24 hours, does the order begin a day once again with the first planet Saturn.
          This is where the order Saturn, Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus comes from. This same peculiar order is used for the days of the "week" all over the world, and all derived from this same use of the Chaldean Order of the Spheres.
          Thus the period of 7 days is a reflection of the great Days of Brahm, the 7 great periods of the world. This is where Dr. Steiuner got his names for the first three world-ages, the "Saturn state", the "Sun", and the "Moon". In Steiner's lectures he notes that Mars symbolizes the first half of the evolution of our Earth state, and Mercury the second half. Then, beyond the future states of Jupiter and Venus, he names the 7th world "Vulcan" after the planet closer to the Sun than Mercury which has been seen many times but then not seen again, because it is not yet constantly physical in nature.
          And incidentally, beyond these he sees 5 more stages of development, which however are impossible to put into words until one is closer to the Vulcan state. See his book "Cosmic Memory", the chapter "The Life of Saturn."

          Dr. Starman