Re: [steiner] Re: The Christian Community & Camphill

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2002
      In a message dated 8/10/2002 7:01:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jackfreed@... writes:

      > > Dear Group,
      > >
      > > Are there local Christian Community chapters scattered throughout
      the
      > > world, and if so where?  Are they "open," or "closed" societies?

      re:Christian Community
           The Christian Community is open to all. Many who attend the Act
      of Consecration of Man are familiar with Steiner's writings or are
      members of the Anthroposophical Society, but some come from other
      religions or spiritual paths and are not familiar with Steiner.  The
      CC is totally separate from the AS and some members don't even accept
      the ideas of anthroposophy.  The CC doesn't require membership; many
      who are very active, including myself, are not members of the
      Christian Community.
           The great thing about the CC is that spiritual beings gave the
      world Sacraments through the agency of Rudolf Steiner. These
      sacraments are permeated by Christ and I believe that one may
      experience the spirit and develop spiritually with great vigor by the
      communal sharing of these sacraments in conjunction with one's
      individual meditative work.  The Act of Consecration engages all of
      our senses and our thinking in a powerful, transformive way.
           The CC respects the autonomy of the ego and asks no more than
      one does not disrupt the services.  It is also a great way to
      experience the archetypes behind the change of seasons as the
      services  continually mirror the changes in the outer world.

      Thanks,
      Kenneth

      *******I might add that, as this free creative outpouring of the Spirit that we call the 'anthroposophical movement' grows and develops, one metamorphosis Steiner did not directly anticipate is the Camphill Villages for those in Need of Special Care founded by Karl Konig--- in which the souls who are not ready to deal with this terrible modern era who have thus held themselves back in a soul-state like that of the Middle Ages, can live in a village-like environment in which they can grow their own food and live lives with minimal supervision and some dignity... and the Christian Community plays an important role in these, with its celebration of the festivals and its quasi-medieval vivid pictorial approach to the Christian Mysteries.