Re: The Christian Community

  • jackstrange11
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10 4:00 PM
      Time, tma4cbt@j... writes:

      > > Dear Group,
      > >
      > > Are there local Christian Community chapters scattered throughout
      the
      > > world, and if so where? Are they "open," or "closed" societies?

      re:Christian Community
      The Christian Community is open to all. Many who attend the Act
      of Consecration of Man are familiar with Steiner's writings or are
      members of the Anthroposophical Society, but some come from other
      religions or spiritual paths and are not familiar with Steiner. The
      CC is totally separate from the AS and some members don't even accept
      the ideas of anthroposophy. The CC doesn't require membership; many
      who are very active, including myself, are not members of the
      Christian Community.
      The great thing about the CC is that spiritual beings gave the
      world Sacraments through the agency of Rudolf Steiner. These
      sacraments are permeated by Christ and I believe that one may
      experience the spirit and develop spiritually with great vigor by the
      communal sharing of these sacraments in conjunction with one's
      individual meditative work. The Act of Consecration engages all of
      our senses and our thinking in a powerful, transformive way.
      The CC respects the autonomy of the ego and asks no more than
      one does not disrupt the services. It is also a great way to
      experience the archetypes behind the change of seasons as the
      services continually mirror the changes in the outer world.

      Thanks,
      Kenneth