The Threshold of the Spiritual World

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2000
      Thanks for you message, Danny. I feel that, having tried to
      understand the nature of Lucifer and Ahriman, we also need
      to consider their significance for the human race at the present
      time. Do you agree with the view that humanity now stands at
      the threshold of the spritual world and that Lucifer and Ahriman
      are the demonic powers lurking on either side of this gateway
      to higher consciousness? When looked at in this way, one no
      longer reacts with fear and dismay to the disasters which Ahriman
      will bring to the world, but instead is able to see the potential for
      spritual renewal in the impending crisis.
      Best wishes,

      --- In steiner@egroups.com, "Danny F." <premabrahma@y...> wrote:

      > But yet, I myself see Lucifer as the magnifying 'factor', Ahriman
      > as the shrinking one and dry indeed. Where the likeness can start
      > to make problem with those representation, it's if we look at
      > it from the light/darkness point of view, where Lucifer is
      > "glorious" and full of glamour and light, it is hard to apply
      > the image of the whale which live mostly in the depth of the
      oceans.
      > The priciple of the 'dark' can also be hard to find in the figure
      > of this dinosaur-like animal that represent Ahriman, though we can
      > certainly associate the 'might' of Ahriman to it, Ahriman is far
      > from being an active agent in a prehistoric fashion really.
      >
      > Plus I see the whale as a peaceful navigator of the ocean, Lucifer
      > is more of a restless nature really, full of self-congratulating
      > wisdom and prestige, fiery I'd say, megalomaniac indeed.
      >
      > Ahriman, the cold and 'might' mechanistic efficience that goes
      > through everything with the only care of efficience and result,
      > the might of death and 'iron', the power of mathematics and
      > of the senses, the soulless, quite of a voiding effect on the
      > social and the spiritual. When you add a bit a Luciferianism
      > to that, you get the 'rictus' syndrome, clear manifestation
      > of what the materialisticaly-ego oriented citizen do to his
      > neighbours in the context of the "anonynous" social encounters
      > of the daily.
      >
      > Kindest regards myself,
      > Danny
      >

      > =====
      > "Vide igitur, ne Lumen, quod in te est, tenebrae sint."
      > --Tractatus Aristotelis
      >
      > "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."
      > --William Blake

      > Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.
      > http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2000
        --- Sena Fernando <sena@...> wrote:
        > Thanks for you message, Danny. I feel that, having tried to
        > understand the nature of Lucifer and Ahriman, we also need
        > to consider their significance for the human race at the present
        > time. Do you agree with the view that humanity now stands at
        > the threshold of the spritual world and that Lucifer and Ahriman
        > are the demonic powers lurking on either side of this gateway
        > to higher consciousness? When looked at in this way, one no
        > longer reacts with fear and dismay to the disasters which Ahriman
        > will bring to the world, but instead is able to see the potential for
        > spritual renewal in the impending crisis.
        > Best wishes,

        "Do you agree with the view that humanity now stands at
        > the threshold of the spritual world and that Lucifer and Ahriman
        > are the demonic powers lurking on either side of this gateway
        > to higher consciousness?"

        I certainly agree with this view Sena. And I'd go as far as to say
        that this is those powers(A and L) basically that impede clairvoyance.
        The True, the Good and the Beautiful has such a sweeping power over
        them, that you get to get aligned to the narrow path that leads to
        the door of the objective reality. You get in the real, you get
        clairvoyance, that's my equation. And the more you objectively
        encounter evil, the more this encounter will be productive for you
        in terms of the sight in the spiritual world; I feel to compare it
        to a treatment of acupuncture at a higher level let us say, the stings

        of the evil received from the superior man(the spititual ego) awaken
        and activate him to the work in the supersensible, this is pressure,
        this is obstacles, this is pain, but that's how it is, sometimes it
        can only be bearable in Christ, those moments makes us recall His
        words, the Comforter speak to us. And has Paul says "I die a little
        more everyday", I can add, we resurrect a little everyday, and in
        that, is the powerlessness of Ahriman. I came to think that real
        incarnation is a continuous ongoing thing that to me equal with the
        term of transubstantiation. Thus I call the receiving of the flesh at
        birth a "carnation", then after through our work(spiritual we do put
        something 'in the flesh' (in-carnate) that was not there previously,
        and more then only tranforming what has been cast on us, this is
        the cosmos itself that gets furthered, as an extract of a "finished"
        world around us, through the spiritual ego the actual cosmos takes
        the right direction from the neverending Gospel of the Christ Impulse,
        Spirit-self, Life-Spirit, Spirit-man, in Christ we'll be,
        New Jerusalem, here we come, the tenth hierarchy, the
        anthroposophists.

        Kindest regards,
        Danny

        =====