Re: [steiner] Re: New file uploaded to steiner

  • Danny F.
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2000
      --- jla <pacbay@...> wrote:
      > Though I can intuitively sense the really of the Ahrimanic image
      > (behemoth) and the lamb as Christ, I find it hard to attribute the
      > great
      > whale to Lucifer. Though it is a deep ocean (Astral) creature,
      > Lucifer
      > is usually depicted as glorified human of dazzling and deceptive
      > beauty
      > tempting us to extend up and escape from the earth and return to
      > "perfection" even though we are not even near that goal. This sense
      > of
      > levity and supernatural spirituality runs counter to the whale
      > choice.

      But yet, I myself see Lucifer as the magnifying 'factor', Ahriman
      as the shrinking one and dry indeed. Where the likeness can start
      to make problem with those representation, it's if we look at
      it from the light/darkness point of view, where Lucifer is
      "glorious" and full of glamour and light, it is hard to apply
      the image of the whale which live mostly in the depth of the oceans.
      The priciple of the 'dark' can also be hard to find in the figure
      of this dinosaur-like animal that represent Ahriman, though we can
      certainly associate the 'might' of Ahriman to it, Ahriman is far
      from being an active agent in a prehistoric fashion really.

      Plus I see the whale as a peaceful navigator of the ocean, Lucifer
      is more of a restless nature really, full of self-congratulating
      wisdom and prestige, fiery I'd say, megalomaniac indeed.

      Ahriman, the cold and 'might' mechanistic efficience that goes
      through everything with the only care of efficience and result,
      the might of death and 'iron', the power of mathematics and
      of the senses, the soulless, quite of a voiding effect on the
      social and the spiritual. When you add a bit a Luciferianism
      to that, you get the 'rictus' syndrome, clear manifestation
      of what the materialisticaly-ego oriented citizen do to his
      neighbours in the context of the "anonynous" social encounters
      of the daily.

      Kindest regards myself,
      Danny

      =====
      "Vide igitur, ne Lumen, quod in te est, tenebrae sint."
      --Tractatus Aristotelis

      "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."
      --William Blake

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Sena Fernando
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2000
        Thanks for you message, Danny. I feel that, having tried to
        understand the nature of Lucifer and Ahriman, we also need
        to consider their significance for the human race at the present
        time. Do you agree with the view that humanity now stands at
        the threshold of the spritual world and that Lucifer and Ahriman
        are the demonic powers lurking on either side of this gateway
        to higher consciousness? When looked at in this way, one no
        longer reacts with fear and dismay to the disasters which Ahriman
        will bring to the world, but instead is able to see the potential for
        spritual renewal in the impending crisis.
        Best wishes,

        --- In steiner@egroups.com, "Danny F." <premabrahma@y...> wrote:

        > But yet, I myself see Lucifer as the magnifying 'factor', Ahriman
        > as the shrinking one and dry indeed. Where the likeness can start
        > to make problem with those representation, it's if we look at
        > it from the light/darkness point of view, where Lucifer is
        > "glorious" and full of glamour and light, it is hard to apply
        > the image of the whale which live mostly in the depth of the
        oceans.
        > The priciple of the 'dark' can also be hard to find in the figure
        > of this dinosaur-like animal that represent Ahriman, though we can
        > certainly associate the 'might' of Ahriman to it, Ahriman is far
        > from being an active agent in a prehistoric fashion really.
        >
        > Plus I see the whale as a peaceful navigator of the ocean, Lucifer
        > is more of a restless nature really, full of self-congratulating
        > wisdom and prestige, fiery I'd say, megalomaniac indeed.
        >
        > Ahriman, the cold and 'might' mechanistic efficience that goes
        > through everything with the only care of efficience and result,
        > the might of death and 'iron', the power of mathematics and
        > of the senses, the soulless, quite of a voiding effect on the
        > social and the spiritual. When you add a bit a Luciferianism
        > to that, you get the 'rictus' syndrome, clear manifestation
        > of what the materialisticaly-ego oriented citizen do to his
        > neighbours in the context of the "anonynous" social encounters
        > of the daily.
        >
        > Kindest regards myself,
        > Danny
        >

        > =====
        > "Vide igitur, ne Lumen, quod in te est, tenebrae sint."
        > --Tractatus Aristotelis
        >
        > "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."
        > --William Blake

        > Yahoo! Messenger - Talk while you surf! It's FREE.
        > http://im.yahoo.com/
      • Danny F.
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 22, 2000
          --- Sena Fernando <sena@...> wrote:
          > Thanks for you message, Danny. I feel that, having tried to
          > understand the nature of Lucifer and Ahriman, we also need
          > to consider their significance for the human race at the present
          > time. Do you agree with the view that humanity now stands at
          > the threshold of the spritual world and that Lucifer and Ahriman
          > are the demonic powers lurking on either side of this gateway
          > to higher consciousness? When looked at in this way, one no
          > longer reacts with fear and dismay to the disasters which Ahriman
          > will bring to the world, but instead is able to see the potential for
          > spritual renewal in the impending crisis.
          > Best wishes,

          "Do you agree with the view that humanity now stands at
          > the threshold of the spritual world and that Lucifer and Ahriman
          > are the demonic powers lurking on either side of this gateway
          > to higher consciousness?"

          I certainly agree with this view Sena. And I'd go as far as to say
          that this is those powers(A and L) basically that impede clairvoyance.
          The True, the Good and the Beautiful has such a sweeping power over
          them, that you get to get aligned to the narrow path that leads to
          the door of the objective reality. You get in the real, you get
          clairvoyance, that's my equation. And the more you objectively
          encounter evil, the more this encounter will be productive for you
          in terms of the sight in the spiritual world; I feel to compare it
          to a treatment of acupuncture at a higher level let us say, the stings

          of the evil received from the superior man(the spititual ego) awaken
          and activate him to the work in the supersensible, this is pressure,
          this is obstacles, this is pain, but that's how it is, sometimes it
          can only be bearable in Christ, those moments makes us recall His
          words, the Comforter speak to us. And has Paul says "I die a little
          more everyday", I can add, we resurrect a little everyday, and in
          that, is the powerlessness of Ahriman. I came to think that real
          incarnation is a continuous ongoing thing that to me equal with the
          term of transubstantiation. Thus I call the receiving of the flesh at
          birth a "carnation", then after through our work(spiritual we do put
          something 'in the flesh' (in-carnate) that was not there previously,
          and more then only tranforming what has been cast on us, this is
          the cosmos itself that gets furthered, as an extract of a "finished"
          world around us, through the spiritual ego the actual cosmos takes
          the right direction from the neverending Gospel of the Christ Impulse,
          Spirit-self, Life-Spirit, Spirit-man, in Christ we'll be,
          New Jerusalem, here we come, the tenth hierarchy, the
          anthroposophists.

          Kindest regards,
          Danny

          =====