Re: [steiner] Anthroposophy and Astrology

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
      In a message dated 8/6/2002 6:14:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, alvesbarbosa@... writes:

      I think the Ego  takes place only after the third
      year. During that time another entity works in the
      body.
      That's exactly why Jesus Christ only preached for
      three years. The body cannot stand that sort of holy
      entity longer than three years.

      Pace amici
      God bless you all

      *******Yes, this is found in Steiner's book "The Spiritual Guidance of Man and Mankind". The "World Ego" lives in each child in the first three years. But although our Egos are not fully within the body, they are connected with it from the third week after conception anjd start becoming very active just before birth.

      Dr. Starman
    • jla
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15, 2002
        1.  I just got to this one in my archives. (I had over 300 posts after vacation) Interesting. How do you explain the apparent accuracy of Tropical Astrology with this assertion by RS about present solar positioning in the signs? How who one use both systems harmoniously in progressing charts and in establishing birth charts?

        2.  I have started collecting the color images you are sending along with the calendar of the soul. Other than going back to old posts, how can we receive or access all of them at once for printing out. They are fantastic meditation art/symbols/archetypes.

        Jeff
        *******Both of these are only partially true. True, there is a whole field of 'astrosophy' that uses the time of conception--- or more accurately the movements of the planets FROM conception TO birth. It supposedly shows the previous earth-lives and what is brought over from them. However, if you'll read Steiner's book "The Spiritual Guidance of Man and Mankind" he is emphatic about all of us being 'imprinted' with something at the moment of BIRTH. He states flatly that if one were to take a sectional photograph of the brain of a newborn baby at birth with its convolutions, it would be found to match the positions of the planets overhead at that moment. This is similar to the ancient teaching about the ethers acting through the air 'stamping' us at the moment of the first breath independent of the mother's body.

           Second, Steiner used both the Signs AND the Constellations, as can be seen in his direct pupil Elizabeth Vreeede's book Anthroposophy and Astrology (she was the first head of the Mathematical-Astronomical Section of the Goethanum). He gave out the dates he said the Sun was now in the influence of the 12 unequal constellations---for instance, he said Cancer the Crab was only 2 weeks long, from about July 20th to August 3rd (these are in the Soul-Calendar mailings)--- but he ALSO used the 12 equal signs or what Robert Powell calls the Steps of the Sun (so, for instance, the Moon is listed in the SIGNS, not the constellations, in the Soul-Calendar).

        Dr. Starman

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 15, 2002
          In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:31:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pacbay@... writes:

          1.  I
          just got to this one in my archives. (I had over 300 posts after vacation) Interesting. How do you explain the apparent accuracy of Tropical Astrology with this assertion by RS about present solar positioning in the signs? How who one use both systems harmoniously in progressing charts and in establishing birth charts?

          2.  I have started collecting the color images you are sending along with the calendar of the soul. Other than going back to old posts, how can we receive or access all of them at once for printing out. They are fantastic meditation art/symbols/archetypes.

          Jeff

          *******As I said, Tropical charts are the etheric forces and Sidereal charts picture the astral body.
              I'll soon have all the 12 zodiac images in the Files section of this list for all members to access.

          Dr. Starman