Anthroposophy and Astrology

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2002
      In a message dated 8/5/2002 9:10:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, alvesbarbosa@... writes:

      On the astrological front, we can not forget two things:
      1. For Dr. Steiner the important chart is the one of the moment when the mother gets pregnant. I think they call it the pre-birth chart.
      2. Steiner used to use a different ayanmasa, one with irregular constellations.
      Pace amici

      *******Both of these are only partially true. True, there is a whole field of 'astrosophy' that uses the time of conception--- or more accurately the movements of the planets FROM conception TO birth. It supposedly shows the previous earth-lives and what is brought over from them. However, if you'll read Steiner's book "The Spiritual Guidance of Man and Mankind" he is emphatic about all of us being 'imprinted' with something at the moment of BIRTH. He states flatly that if one were to take a sectional photograph of the brain of a newborn baby at birth with its convolutions, it would be found to match the positions of the planets overhead at that moment. This is similar to the ancient teaching about the ethers acting through the air 'stamping' us at the moment of the first breath independent of the mother's body.

         Second, Steiner used both the Signs AND the Constellations, as can be seen in his direct pupil Elizabeth Vreeede's book Anthroposophy and Astrology (she was the first head of the Mathematical-Astronomical Section of the Goethanum). He gave out the dates he said the Sun was now in the influence of the 12 unequal constellations---for instance, he said Cancer the Crab was only 2 weeks long, from about July 20th to August 3rd (these are in the Soul-Calendar mailings)--- but he ALSO used the 12 equal signs or what Robert Powell calls the Steps of the Sun (so, for instance, the Moon is listed in the SIGNS, not the constellations, in the Soul-Calendar).

      Dr. Starman
    • Francisco Barbosa
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2002
        I think I read somewhere Steiner saying that
        sometimes, the entitiy does not incarnate at the
        moment of the birth.
        It is quite difficult to find where, I have all his
        books in several languages... what we need here is a
        database...

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • crcjct@ix.netcom.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 5, 2002
           I read recently that the ego incarnates during the 3rd month of life but don't recall the book.

          Janet

          --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:
          > Daylight Time,
          > alvesbarbosa@... writes:
          >

          > > On the astrological front, we can not forget two
          > things:
          > > 1. For Dr. Steiner the important chart is the one
          > of the moment when the
          > > mother gets pregnant. I think they call it the
          > pre-birth chart.
          > > 2. Steiner used to use a different ayanmasa, one
          > with irregular
          > > constellations.
          > > Pace amici
          > >

          > *******Both of these are only partially true. True,
          > there is a whole field of
          > 'astrosophy' that uses the time of conception--- or
          > more accurately the
          > movements of the planets FROM conception TO birth.
          > It supposedly shows the
          > previous earth-lives and what is brought over from
          > them. However, if you'll
          > read Steiner's book "The Spiritual Guidance of Man
          > and Mankind" he is
          > emphatic about all of us being 'imprinted' with
          > something at the moment of
          > BIRTH. He states flatly that if one were to take a
          > sectional photograph of
          > the brain of a newborn baby at birth with its
          > convolutions, it would be found
          > to match the positions of the planets overhead at
          > that moment. This is
          > similar to the ancient teaching about the ethers
          > acting through the air
          > 'stamping' us at the moment of the first breath
          > independent of the mother's
          > body.
          >
          >    Second, Steiner used both the Signs AND the
          > Constellations, as can be seen
          > in his direct pupil Elizabeth Vreeede's book
          > Anthroposophy and Astrology (she
          > was the first head of the Mathematical-Astronomical
          > Section of the
          > Goethanum). He gave out the dates he said the Sun
          > was now in the influence of
          > the 12 unequal constellations---for instance, he
          > said Cancer the Crab was
          > only 2 weeks long, from about July 20th to August
          > 3rd (these are in the
          > Soul-Calendar mailings)--- but he ALSO used the 12
          > equal signs or what Robert
          > Powell calls the Steps of the Sun (so, for instance,
          > the Moon is listed in
          > the SIGNS, not the constellations, in the
          > Soul-Calendar).
          >
          > Dr. Starman

          Search the archives of the group at:

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        • Francisco Barbosa
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
            I think the Ego takes place only after the third
            year. During that time another entity works in the
            body.
            That's exactly why Jesus Christ only preached for
            three years. The body cannot stand that sort of holy
            entity longer than three years.

            Pace amici
            God bless you all

            http://health.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
              In a message dated 8/5/2002 11:47:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, crcjct@... writes:

              I read recently that the ego incarnates during the 3rd month of life but don't recall the book. Janet

              That's true but astrology isn't the Ego. It's what the Ego has created. The 12 signs or Tropical Astrology pictures our habit-selves in the Etheric Body, while the stars or sidereal astrology show the Astral Body.

              Dr. Starman

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6, 2002
                In a message dated 8/6/2002 6:14:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, alvesbarbosa@... writes:

                I think the Ego  takes place only after the third
                year. During that time another entity works in the
                body.
                That's exactly why Jesus Christ only preached for
                three years. The body cannot stand that sort of holy
                entity longer than three years.

                Pace amici
                God bless you all

                *******Yes, this is found in Steiner's book "The Spiritual Guidance of Man and Mankind". The "World Ego" lives in each child in the first three years. But although our Egos are not fully within the body, they are connected with it from the third week after conception anjd start becoming very active just before birth.

                Dr. Starman
              • jla

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 15, 2002
                    In a message dated 8/15/2002 4:31:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pacbay@... writes:

                    1.  I
                    just got to this one in my archives. (I had over 300 posts after vacation) Interesting. How do you explain the apparent accuracy of Tropical Astrology with this assertion by RS about present solar positioning in the signs? How who one use both systems harmoniously in progressing charts and in establishing birth charts?

                    2.  I have started collecting the color images you are sending along with the calendar of the soul. Other than going back to old posts, how can we receive or access all of them at once for printing out. They are fantastic meditation art/symbols/archetypes.

                    Jeff

                    *******As I said, Tropical charts are the etheric forces and Sidereal charts picture the astral body.
                        I'll soon have all the 12 zodiac images in the Files section of this list for all members to access.

                    Dr. Starman