milk

  • macannadh
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hey Jeff: Apropos of your message on July 27 regarding "people"
      (physical or etheric) on other planets, I thought you might like to
      give a comment about the following:
      From Steiner's "The effects of Spiritual Development", PP 20-21, "We
      can compare milk, plants and animal flesh as foods when, through
      esoteric development, we have become more sensible of their effects
      in ourselves. It will then be easier for us to confirm the
      statements arising from a rational observation of the external
      world. From occult observation of the cosmos you would find milk
      substance on earth, but on no other planet of our solar system. What
      is produced in a similar manner within the organism of living beings
      on other planets in our solar system would be something totally
      different from terrestial milk. Milk is specifically of the earth.
      If we wanted to generalise about milk we should have to say that the
      beings inhabiting each planetary system have their own particular
      milk."
      What do you suppose he's talking about?...regards, Macannadh
    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2002
        for what you quote it seems that milk has a different relationship to Maya than the other
        substances of earth. Mother's milk/mother tongue...the word..
        Franky
        Hey Jeff: Apropos of your message on July 27 regarding "people"
        (physical or etheric) on other planets, I thought you might like to
        give a comment about the following:
        From Steiner's "The effects of Spiritual Development", PP 20-21, "We
        can compare milk, plants and animal flesh as foods when, through
        esoteric development, we have become more sensible of their effects
        in ourselves. It will then be easier for us to confirm the
        statements arising from a rational observation of the external
        world. From occult observation of the cosmos you would find milk
        substance on earth, but on no other planet of our solar system. What
        is produced in a similar manner within the organism of living beings
        on other planets in our solar system would be something totally
        different from terrestial milk. Milk is specifically of the earth.
        If we wanted to generalise about milk we should have to say that the
        beings inhabiting each planetary system have their own particular
        milk."
        What do you suppose he's talking about?...regards, Macannadh

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 6, 2002
          In a message dated 8/5/2002 3:28:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, macannadh@... writes:

          From Steiner's "The effects of Spiritual Development", PP 20-21, "We
          can compare milk, plants and animal flesh as foods when, through
          esoteric development, we have become more sensible of their effects
          in ourselves.  It will then be easier for us to confirm the
          statements arising from a rational observation of the external
          world.  From occult observation of the cosmos you would find milk
          substance on earth, but on no other planet of our solar system.  What
          is produced in a similar manner within the organism of living beings
          on other planets in our solar system would be something totally
          different from terrestial milk.  Milk is specifically of the earth.
          If we wanted to generalise about milk we should have to say that the
          beings inhabiting each planetary system have their own particular
          milk."
          What do you suppose he's talking about?...regards, Macannadh

          *******I'd say that 'nourishment' is something that goes on in all planes. But it only takes a material form like milk in the earth plane, as life is only material here. Steiner elsewhere says the same thing about 'protein' as I recall, that it only exists on earth.

          Starman
        • jla
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 11, 2002
            It amazing that how we find these obscure references. The power of numbers.

            What to say? It surely indicates some reference to physical type beings on other planets- presumably our solar system and maybe beyond..

            The mystery continues?

            Jeff

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 11, 2002

              From Steiner's "The effects of Spiritual Development", PP 20-21, "We
[...]

              ******* Well, I can't let that misstatement go by. I'd say it "surely" indicates nothing of the kind. In the quote, Steiner says other living beings IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM live and have "organisms" that produce "in a similar manner" what mothers produce here on earth. There is no way to impose your usual materialistic interpretation on these words, Jeff. There can be no physical organisms (like the ones sci-fi people imagine fly space-ships) producing milk for their young on the physical planets Mars, Venus, Saturn, etc. Of course, one who can only picture an "organism" as a thing of earthly matter cannot imagine what he meant.

                  I'd say he was clearly describing our condition of materiality and how it is essentially different from the other immaterial planes of the solar system, which are quite real, and "worlds" in their own right, but where beings are only astral and etheric. No astronaut landing an Earth-vehicle on them could perceive these beings, which we can perceive in after-death and in initiation states. He described them from many standpoints, and only materialistic thinking could miss the clear reference to them being completely unlike material earth-embodiment.

                 By the way, one of the hidden sides of 'milk' is that it makes a being forget the other planes and become accustomed to only this one. In olden times the 'Waters of Forgetfulness' were called the River of Lethe---this is the root of Leche, Milk. It's the legendary "Draught of Forgetfulness".

              Starman

            • jla
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 2002
                I am not convinced yet of any particular theory- organic or metaphysical but the milk may be referring to manna of an etheric type but I cannot speculate. The statements he uses seem to lead into each other though type for type.  Time will tell and we should know the final answer to this in about 20 years or so- so say those who have some glimpse into the future. By the way, what did Cayce say about this subject? Any remarks from him?

                jeff

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002
                  -Starman: In your note to Jeff what you say Steiner said is clearly
                  not what he said. Is there the possibility of errors in translation
                  or transcription? Is there anyone out there with access to the
                  original...regards, Macannadh-- In steiner@y..., DRStarman2001@a...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002

                    ******* In the quote, Steiner says other living beings IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM live and have "organisms" that produce "in a similar manner" what mothers produce here on earth.... There can be no physical organisms (like the ones sci-fi people imagine fly space-ships) producing milk for their young on the physical planets Mars, Venus, Saturn, etc. Of course, one who can only picture an "organism" as a thing of earthly matter cannot imagine what he meant...

                    macannadh@... writes:
                    > -Starman: In your note to Jeff what you say Steiner said is clearly not what he said. Is there the possibility of errors in translation or transcription? Is there anyone out there with access to the original...regards, Macannadh--

                    *******Sorry, I've searched the above and don't see how what I interpreted about the "living beings on other planets in our solar system" is "not what Steiner said" in any way. Perhaps you could tell me what you think isn't. Seems clear to me.

                    -Starman
                  • jla
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 15, 2002
                      We again are assuming that physicality mean organic here. It is possible that there are physical beings living on Venus or even Mercury but they are not organic is the same sense as we are. We also know from AP and Rosicrucian sources that a portion of humanity stayed on some of the planets and did not return to earth when formal earth evolution proceeded to evolve organic bodies. If all humanity was intended to evolve the principle of physicality (re: the 7 fold and 9 fold  divisions of being) how are they evolving it?? and in what form?

                      The work of the life and chemical ethers as a matrix for gathering of materials from a given environment may be varied due to different planetary conditions. It is conceivable, for example, that a being could be composed  water vapor and gases with less mineralization and still live in these heated atmospheres and pressures . Thus the percentage of gases to water to mineral content would be far different than ours and yet the are still "physical" and these beings could be seen or detected in some way with physical senses. They could be as "fish/birds" living in the atmosphere or vapor like our fish and birds but human in nature but not in the organic form.

                      . Though falling within a  "sci fi" concept (and we must remember that HG Wells and Jules Verne were Sci Fi writers and actually predicted real events and changes we now live with.) a good example of this is found in the great film, The Abyss where the beings encountered use water as their expression of physicality and use salt, dissolved minerals, and sea water to condense a living habitat.

                       I really don't know but if expanded outside our solar system surely this is a possibility.  But alas I am speculating again. Tish. Tish.

                      Jeff