"people"

  • macannadh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2002
      Friends: I've a question from my reading for anyone that can shed
      light on it. In "Initiation, Eternity and the Passing Moment", it is
      said on page 149 with respect to the work of the Buddha, "It is thus
      possible to say of the Buddha that he came down from another planet
      and, after working on earth, again ascended to a different planet,
      inhabited by a people who have little understanding of earthly
      mankind. There he continues to work, because this further work is of
      great significance."
      I do not know what to make of the phrase, "...inhabited by a
      people...". Can anyone help here? Regards, macannadh