Re: [steiner] The Eighth Sphere

  • Sieglunda
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2002
      > > Would you happen to know where RS speaks of the 8th Sphere in depth?
      I'm finding it really difficult to keep up with what's what with all the
      > > titles changing. :)
      > > Sieg
      >
      > *******The only place that comes to mind off the top of my head is in "The
      Occult Movement in the Nineteenth Century", his major lecture-cycle on
      Blavatsky, where he took A. P. Sinnett to task for publishing the erroneous
      interpretation that the 8th sphere Theosophy had spoken of was the Moon.

      > Yes, it's hard to keep up with the changing titles---but then that's
      the result of a movement that allows the translators to have creative
      freedom instead of imposing definitions on everyone's thinking, Rome-style,
      nicht wahr? The way to keep track of them is the dates, like Hamburg 1908
      for the first great course on the Gospel of St. John. I don't have the time
      & place of the Occult Movement lectures handy.

      > You know, I imagine Fred Paddock at the Library, if he has time, would
      be delighted to answer a question like that about the 8th sphere. Why not
      ask him? If anyone knows Steiner's lectures published in English, it's Fred.

      > BTW, the somewhat deformed inhabitants of the 8th sphere were known in
      Kabbalah as the Qlipoth. They tie in with our discussion on the other list
      about what's really behind the UFO deception, where Ahrimanically-influenced
      beings appear as fake space men, as well as the many false appearances that
      deceive mediums.

      > Dr. Starman

      Dr. Starman, you're full of answers and I understand about the dates -
      you're right! I'll ask Fred Paddock since he really should know the AS's
      library extremely well. Some years ago I asked him where to find Steiner's
      reference of the Double not being able to withstand human death, and
      ZING!!!!!! Right back came his answer right on target! What a guy!

      I'm very glad you thought to mention the Qlipoth - I don't think too many
      know that one, and I certainly didn't even though I've come across the term
      somewhere. What other list? You have another one? UFOs? You've probably read
      George Unger's booklet about that subject, which was written quite some
      years ago. Don't you also teach the Steiner101 list? Somewhere I got that
      idea - probably from one of the students who gained tremendously from you.

      Thanks again, Dr. Starman - you're a gold mine of info and help.

      Sieg
    • evlogite
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2002
        Hi:

        Ithink that CG Harrison makes mention of the 8th sphere in "The
        Transcendatal Universe."

        evlogite
      • Sieglunda
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2002
          Hi, evlogite,

          Thank you for this reference - Harrison is unfamiliar to me, although
          somewhere I've heard of the existence of "The Transcendatal Universe" - it's
          good to know the author. Thanks again!
          Sieg