hot summer day

  • mmorrell1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2002
      True or False?
      We are closer to the sun in the summer... that is why it is hotter.

      - Because the earth's path around the sun is an ellipse rather than a
      circle, the earth is actually closer to the sun in January (at about
      92 million miles away) than in July (94 million miles distant). It
      is the tilt of the earth that makes the summers hotter. So the
      answere is FALSE. ["Starlord"]