    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2002
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 5 *
      Ich fühle wie verzaubert
      Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
      Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
      Gehüllt mein Eigenwesen,
      Zu schenken mir die Kraft
      Die, ohnmächtig sich selbst zu geben,
      Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

      I feel how enchanted
      Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
      It has in Senses' Dimness
      Enclosed my Self-Essence
      To give me the Power:
      That, powerless myself to give
      My "I" in its boundaries is.

      The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are
      to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This week the Spirit we
      experience through the beauty of the senses in the outer world has enwrapped
      itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut off from the world--- a
      "spell" cast over it which is unwrapped at Christmastime, which is the
      opposite verse to this week's.

      **********************************
      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from
      June 16th to July 20th in our era. The symbolic image of the Twins done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday July 7th. Moon GEMINI. Demetrius.
      Monday July 8th. Moon GEMINI. Aquila and Priscilla.
      Tuesday July 9th. Moon CANCER. Anatolia.
      Wednesday July 10th. Moon CANCER. 1509 Calvin born.
      Thursday July 11th. Moon LEO. Pius I.
      Friday July 12th. Moon LEO. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.
      Saturday July 13th. Moon VIRGO. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2003

          The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its original complete form for your use.

[...]

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. A symbolic image of the CRAB done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

        Sunday, July 27th. Moon Cancer.  Martha.

        Monday,  July 28th. Moon Leo. New Moon. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre executed. 1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.

        Tuesday,  July 29th. Moon Leo. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

        Wednesday,  July 30th. Moon Virgo.  Ruth.

        Thursday,   July 31st. Moon Virgo.  1472 University of Munich founded. 1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

        Friday,   August 1st. Moon Virgo. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

        Saturday,  August  2nd. Moon Libra. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

                     ***************************

        *  M A N T R A  # 4 0  *
        Und bin ich in den Geistestiefen,
        Erfüllt in meinen Seelengrunden
        Aus herzens Liebewelten,
        Der Eigenheiten leerer Wahn
        Sich mit dem Weltenwortes Feuerkraft.

        And when I am in the Spirit-Deeps,
        Fulfilled in my Soul's Ground
        Out of Heart's Love-World
        The selfhood's empty illusion
        Is with the World-Word's Fire-Strength.

          Last week we felt given over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit to gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world, and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) gave us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world. This week, this reality of selfhood, which would otherwise remain an illusion, is made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.

        -Dr. Starman

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2004
          ******* Sorry to be late with the Soul-Calendar this week.   -starman

          The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the TWINS done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

          This week's mantra.
              For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

[...]

          Sunday, July 18th.  Moon Leo.  St. Thomas Aquinas.

          Monday, July 19th. Moon Leo.  St. Vincent de Paul.

          Tuesday, July 20th. Moon Virgo.  The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

          Wednesday, July 21st. Moon Virgo.   Daniel.

          Thursday, July 22nd. Moon Libra.  Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

          Friday, July 23rd. Moon Libra.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

          Saturday, July 24th. Moon Scorpio.
          Christiana.

            Planets :  Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen for a few hours after sunset in the Southwest, amongst the stars of the Lion.  The other planets are only visible in the morning before sunrise.

          Dr. Starman

          www.DrStarman.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2006
            The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

            days.

            constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. A version of
            the symbolic image of the CRAB in the original Soul-Calendar, done from
            Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this electronic mail.

            This week's mantra.
            uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
            spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
            rather
            reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
            English to German.

            * M A N T R A # 1 5 *
            Ich f�hle wie verzaubert
            Im Weltenschein des Geistes Weben
            Es hat in Sinnesdumpfheit
            Geh�llt mein Eigenwesen,
            Zu schenken mir die Kraft
            Die, ohnm�chtig sich selbst zu geben,
            Mein Ich in seinen Schranken ist.

            I feel how enchanted
            Into World-Shining is the Spirit's Weaving:
            It has in Senses' Dimness
            Enclosed my Self-Essence
            To give me the Power:
            That, powerless myself to give
            My "I" in its narrow boundaries is.

            A partial interpretation: The summer is when we are meant to lose
            ourselves in the play of light
            and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the OUTER world, we are
            to find our "selves" again IN the WORLD-Self.
            This week the Spirit we experience through the beauty of the senses in
            the outer world enwraps itself around the Ego, which would otherwise be cut
            off from the world--- a
            "spell" cast over it which we can "unwrap" at Christmastime (the polar
            opposite verse to this week's), and through this process give birth to a new
            self then.

            **********************************

            Sunday, July 23rd. Moon Cancer.
            Apollinaris, School of Peter.
            Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

            Monday, July 24th. Moon Leo. New Moon.
            Christiana.

            Tuesday, July 25th. Moon Leo.
            St. Chistopher.