Pamphlet

  • macannadh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      Dear Starman: Please accept what I have to say here in a friendly
      manner. I appreciate your efforts on behalf of the members of the
      group. I really do.
      You're right I'm a Catholic. I've been studying Steiner for twenty
      five years. After reading the "Philosophy of Spiritual Activity"
      several times, I wouldn't disagree with anything he has to say.
      Your sociological and historical remarks regarding Catholicism show
      that you've done some study outside the purview of Anthroposophy.
      That's what you drew on to try to answer my questions.
      Wouldn't you agree that any educated person could do that? Or, if
      needs be they can argue the contrary.
      I would have appreciated it if you could have referenced something in
      Steiner's works that addressed the current ugliness in the Church.
      Let me have a stab at it: In the pamphlet, "The Work of the Angels
      in Man's Astral Body", (pages 28-30) Steiner refers to the fact
      that "certain instincts connected with the sexual life would arise in
      a pernicious form instead of wholesomely, in clear waking
      consciousness" if man were to "sleep" through the spiritual events of
      of the third millenium.
      Is it possible that that is what is at work here?