Re: Group Web Site Functions

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
      In a message dated 6/29/2002 9:11:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, golden3000997@... writes:

      To Everyone
      Could we create a database in this website so that people could post a
      profile (optional, but available) with as much information as they wish to
      give? Those who wish to remain anonymous could do so, but others could tell
      everyone who they are, where they are and a little bit about their
      background. The sharing of ideas is great, but I keep wondering "Who is this?"

      *******I just solved the problem I was having with Yahoo! so that I can now help with anything like this, or with accessing the group archives, or with your other suggestion about using the Calendar.

      Starman
    • antrolutz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
        Hi Dr Starman!

        The shortcut to this could be to simply enable the "member-
        function", where members can display their Yahoo IDs.

        Lutz

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2002
          In a message dated 7/3/2002 4:03:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, info@... writes:

          Hi Dr Starman!

          The shortcut to this could be to simply enable the "member-
          function", where members can display their Yahoo IDs.

          Lutz

          *******Well, how do I do this and what would it enable? And what else might members like to do with this group?

          Starman

          > > To Everyone
          > > Could we create a database in this website so that people could
          post a
          > > profile (optional, but available) with as much information as
          they wish to
          > > give? Those who wish to remain anonymous could do so, but others
          could tell

          > > everyone who they are, where they are and a little bit about
          their
          > > background. The sharing of ideas is great, but I keep
          wondering "Who is
          > > this?"

        • antrolutz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2002
            Hi Starman,
            as moderator/list owner you click "Group settings" to the left.
            Then "Features and options" to the right.
            Then "Edit" > members > view profiles.

            As ordinary member everyone can make up and change their profile
            with additional information, if wanted, to show to the group.

            Lutz

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2002

              *******It's done. Now I assume that everyone's Yahoo! profile can be seen. If any members don't want theirs seen, tell me and I'll see if I can figure out how to block them.