Re: [steiner] conception

  • g8740@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3 2:14 AM
      As far as I can remember, the "Ego" takes the first 12 years to incarnate into the human being it chooses.

      Gerhard
      G8740@...
      have a nice day
    • golden3000997@cs.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3 5:25 AM
        Hello Ashley, Gerard and Everyone!

        Regarding conception and the incarnating Spirit of the individual - the
        Spirit, "Ego" in Steiner's terms or "I AM" of the incarnating individual is
        always present. One of the most unique perspectives that Steiner gave on our
        life on earth and our life between death and rebirth is his emphasis on
        pre-natal being. I believe it is in "Study of Man" where he stresses that the
        emphasis on "immortality" or the concept of life after death so often the
        focus of world religions is actually a form of spiritual "egotism" but that
        to really begin to have an idea of our true spiritual reality, we should
        concentrate on our pre-natal life. All of the development of the earthly
        vessel, the physical body is prepared for before conception and the Spirit of
        the child is immediately present at conception - not in the egg, sperm,
        zygote and developing embryo per se, but all around it and through it. With
        the first breath of air, there is an inrushing, but it is by no means
        complete. It is a gradual process of the "growing up" of the body and the
        "growing in" of the Ego. Around the age of three, the child usually says his
        or her first "I". "I want a cookie", not "Mary wants a cookie". This is the
        beginning of the awakening of the Ego. Then the different bodies take hold -
        the change of teeth around 7, puberty around 14 - and at each stage, the
        incarnation of the Ego deepens within the physical body. The full connection
        is not reached until 21. The spheres of planetary influences are involved in
        this process as well as karma, genetics, environment, education and the
        totality of both supersensible and earthly life. It is easy to see when this
        process is thwarted through problems such as Down's Syndrome, autism and
        other developmental difficulties. These children are not able to use the word
        "I" - their "I" or Ego is blocked from entering their physical body. It is
        certainly still there, but it can't get all the way in. In cerebral palsy and
        other more physically challenging syndromes, the ego is usually "in" but
        there is a short circuit that prevents it from being able to control the
        physical body in the normal way.

        Ashley, you said that you are taking a Waldorf teacher training course. This
        information is the starting point for everything that later comes into the
        actual classroom technique. It is a big and complex subject and should be on
        of the starting points of your entire course of study. Some of the books
        which address this subject (there are many more):
        The Philosophy of Freedom - RS
        Occult Science - RS
        Theosophy - RS
        The Study of Man - RS
        The Kingdom of Childhood - RS
        Man as Symphony of the Creative Word - RS (one of my favorites)
        Life Between Death and Rebirth - RS
        Conception, Birth & Early Childhood - Dr. Norbert Glas
        A Child is Born - pregnancy, birth, early childhood - Dr. Wilhelm zur Linden
        The Way of a Child - A.C. Harwood
        Rudolf Steiner Education - Francis Edmunds

        Quite a summer reading list, eh? : ) Christine
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3 10:16 AM

          *******In his lectures on the Gospel Of Luke, Steiner said that the Ego, our drop of Spirit, unites with the embryo in the 3rd week, though it does not become active within the lower bodies till much later. The etheric body becomes active in the 7th week, the astral body in the 7th month, and then the Ego becomes active within all thses shortly before birth.