Re: [steiner] Unique Place of Christ

  • jla
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2002
      Durwood,

      Might there be something else that may also "blind some" to the nature of the Christ? There must be some bias carried over into the spiritual world that prevents even some very advanced souls from seeing the "fact" of the Christ Being. Great Teachers like Aurobindo, Meher Baba, the Dali Lama, and others reached very exalted transcendental states far beyond the astral yet missed the boat across Jordan, so to speak. And if the Christ is now active as the Etheric Christ, surely He must be present and noticeable in the lower realms as well????

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2002
        Hi Jeff:
        Is it preconceived notion and bias that blinds us?
        Interesting. I know that it is possible to be very developed along
        one aspect of the spiritual path (devotional path, for example) and
        have a major blindspot regarding something that falls outside the
        scope of one's training (tolerance for non-believers, for example).
        I wonder what PARTICULAR aspect causes the individual to "miss the
        boat" or reject the Christ Event. Is it merely the sometimes bad
        track record of historical Christianity? Help me out here.

        evlogite

        PS I remember a killer quote by RS regarding the knowledge of the
        Trinity; does anyone know exactly how it goes?

        (Ignorance of the Father is a ... , of the Son an illness and of the
        Holy Spirit a tragedy.--) If anyone knows how this goes, my thanks in
        advance.

        Service.
      • jla
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2, 2002
          Evlogite,

          Here is a point of view on this issue of knowing the Christ directly:

          It is clear from esoteric and spiritual reports that bias in not just within us but externalizes itself in the Astral realms as images, environments, and inclinations. We gravitate to certain regions and in contact with certain beings in the spiritual worlds based on bias or affiliation. If one is a Buddhist then one will gravitate and support Buddhist astral and devachanic imagery and beings; if one is a Jew or Hindu the same holds true;, and so on. Until one rids oneself of all presuppositions and can eliminate bias, one will see only what is within oneself as externalized and supported as a group astral environment. Eventually we are led to other cultures and religions but fundamental bias can carry over from life to life.

          If one thinks the Christ is just another adept or just a wise rabbi, then that is what will appear as "knowledge" to one in most cases. Often the shock of death or a traumatic spiritual experience will propel one out of bias and one will see things as they are.  There are other esoteric explanations involving actual deceptive practices but we will pass on that for now.

           Until one enters the spiritual worlds completely open, morally strong and with a predominance of objectivity, certain beings and events will be hidden or seen with limitations, it seems, and this would include the Christ.

          Jeff
          -----
        • antrolutz
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 19, 2002
            Thanks, Dr Starman!

            Any ideas about wether/how the Aristotelian / Platonic streams fit
            into that?

            Do you have a view of how the Platonic "return" works out nowadays
            and the cooperation Steiner hoped for?

            I am ready for a looong answer, if it suits you.

            Greetings, Lutz

            Dr.Starman, earlier:
            > *******It was indeed in the Karma lectures he gave at the end of
            his life, on
            > the karma of those of us who would be attracted to the
            Anthroposophical
            > Sopciety, in fact. But what he said was that there would be three
            streams:
            > one, a group who were attracted to the cosmology (astrology, etc.)
            due to a
            > strong influence from their incarnations in pre-Christian pagan
            wisdom
            > schools; then a second group who had no such, but did have a
            simple
            > heart-understanding of the Christ from their incarnations in the
            early
            > Christian era; and a third group who would be sort of moving from
            one stream
            > to the other. One can see this in those who take up the Christian
            teachings
            > but have a hard time with "Ancient Saturn", "Fire Spirits" and
            what not, and
            > others who can wax eloquently about occult cosmology but don't
            relate to
            > "Jesus stuff" too well. For an example of the third, look at John
            Gardner,
            > who published all the Myrin Institute "Proceedings" but towards
            the end of
            > his life joined a born-again Christian group and saw how their
            simple
            > heart-relation to Christ had such valid results for them, and
            wrote a little
            > book, "Two Paths To The Spirit: Charismatic Christianity and
            Anthroposophy."