  • macannadh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hello Friends: I continue to enjoy the excellent presentations by
      Starman with regard to the questions that come his way. But I must
      admit to some dissatisfaction with his answers with regard to my
      questions about the ongoing antagonism between Catholicism and
      Anthroposophy.
      I asked about a good that out of place becomes evil. Starman
      wrote: "If you dwell on the meaning of Martin Luther and the entire
      Protestant Reformation, one central point is surely that one can
      still experience the Divine while being a sexual being." Question:
      When did the Church teach otherwise?

      "Ministers and rabbis are not all going to hell...". Question: When
      did the Church teach that?

      Re the Vatican, "...they have turned a blind eye to the
      homosexuality in seminaries and pederasty among practicing priests in
      the name of some 'higher good'".Question: Are you saying that
      homosexuality, pederasty and 'turning a blind eye' are all evils?
      You add, "Thus does good become evil". I afraid, I'm not following
      you. When was any of that good?

      You state, "the vast majority of modern people need to have a
      spiritual path within normal life, including an outlet for their
      natural sexual drives." Starman, that's standard Church teaching.
      You add, "By refusing to recognize this, the Roman religion has
      worked untold evil." Can you give specific instances when the Church
      refused to recognise this?
    • George Thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
        Dear Macannadh-

        Surely, you must be aware that the Vatican has
        forbidden marriage and sexual relations in the
        priesthood for centuries.

        Personally, I find your tone combative and your habit
        of mincing words petty. I wonder from the structure
        of your discourse if it is your goal to build a
        broader personal understanding or to further irritate
        a wound that has perplexed you for some time.

        -George

        http://sbc.yahoo.com