Hello

  • Lorraine Jarvi
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27, 2000
      I was surprised to find a Steiner category in e-groups and see that
      it hasn't been in existance long. My children attended Waldorf
      elementary schools and I have taught (for one year only) in a Waldorf
      pre-k. It was enough time to develop a healthy respect for
      anyone who works with 15, 3 1/2-year-olds and claims to enjoy it! I
      have been studying Anthroposophy off and on since about
      1985. I have found it to be the most enlightening and fruitful study
      I have yet encountered. I especially find the Threefold Social
      Order information fascinating, because I feel it has so much to offer
      and is so sadly ignored. I'm hoping someone else might join the
      group who also has this interest.

      A little about me - I have been married for 19 years, and my husband
      also studies Anthroposophy. He is more "scholarly" about it
      than I, as he tends to have very disciplined philosophical
      tendencies. There is a world of difference between the way I "study"
      Steiner and the way he does, though we usually come to the same
      conclusions and have a lot of fun stimulating each other's thinking.
      We have 4 children, all teenagers. I'm currently an elementary
      special education teacher in the public schools. Not surprisingly,
      I'm not finding many people to talk with who are interested in
      exploring an Anthroposophically-based developmental perspective
      regarding children, so to channel my frustrations productively, I set
      myself to the task of writing a paper containing no
      Anthroposophical jargon that could give a broader or more enlightened
      perspective on the problems and limitations of public
      education. I've actually shared it with my principal and a couple of
      other colleagues, and either get no response or a polite, but
      nervous and tentative, acknowledgement. If the point isn't to
      increase productivity or marketable skills, they just don't know what
      to do with it. If anyone is interested in education issues and would
      like to read it, I'd be happy to share.

      Hope to hear from someone soon -
      Lorraine
    • Sena Fernando
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2000
        --- In steiner@egroups.com, "Lorraine Jarvi" <ljarvi@p...> wrote:
        > I was surprised to find a Steiner category in e-groups and see that
        > it hasn't been in existance long. My children attended Waldorf
        > elementary schools and I have taught (for one year only) in a
        Waldorf
        > pre-k. It was enough time to develop a healthy respect for
        > anyone who works with 15, 3 1/2-year-olds and claims to enjoy it! I
        > have been studying Anthroposophy off and on since about
        > 1985. I have found it to be the most enlightening and fruitful
        study
        > I have yet encountered. I especially find the Threefold Social
        > Order information fascinating, because I feel it has so much to
        offer
        > and is so sadly ignored. I'm hoping someone else might join the
        > group who also has this interest.
        >
        > A little about me - I have been married for 19 years, and my husband
        > also studies Anthroposophy. He is more "scholarly" about it
        > than I, as he tends to have very disciplined philosophical
        > tendencies. There is a world of difference between the way
        I "study"
        > Steiner and the way he does, though we usually come to the same
        > conclusions and have a lot of fun stimulating each other's
        thinking.
        > We have 4 children, all teenagers. I'm currently an elementary
        > special education teacher in the public schools. Not surprisingly,
        > I'm not finding many people to talk with who are interested in
        > exploring an Anthroposophically-based developmental perspective
        > regarding children, so to channel my frustrations productively, I
        set
        > myself to the task of writing a paper containing no
        > Anthroposophical jargon that could give a broader or more
        enlightened
        > perspective on the problems and limitations of public
        > education. I've actually shared it with my principal and a couple of
        > other colleagues, and either get no response or a polite, but
        > nervous and tentative, acknowledgement. If the point isn't to
        > increase productivity or marketable skills, they just don't know
        what
        > to do with it. If anyone is interested in education issues and
        would
        > like to read it, I'd be happy to share.
        >
        > Hope to hear from someone soon -
        > Lorraine

        Hi Lorraine,
        Welcome to the group.It's so nice to make contact with people who
        are interested in Rudolf Steiner but are not fully paid-up members of
        the Anthroposophical Society! I may join the society at some time in
        the future, but at the moment I want to approach Steiner's ideas with
        an open mind and not feel pressurized to "beleive". From what I have
        read of Steiner I get the impression that this is what he himself
        would have wanted.
        I live in Bristol, England, but am originally from Sri Lanka. I
        have been working as a psychiatrist for 20 years. I am facing
        something of a crisis at the moment, suffering burn-out. I became
        interested in Steiner about three months ago when I read "The Tree of
        Life and the Holy Grail" by Sylvia Francke. I must say that I have
        not read any of his writings on education, but I have had
        conversations with people about the Waldorf School here in Bristol.
        I look forward to discussions with you and our other new member
        about Steiner's philosphy, although I probably won't be able to
        contribute much to discussions on education.
        Best wishes,
        Sena
        http://www.esotericlinks.com
      • Sarah Ford Elliott
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 22, 2001
          I have been lurking on this list for sometime without introducing myself.
          My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
          living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
          Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training Seminar
          and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a book on a
          list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
          lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the ideas fairly
          quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
          done before or something?

          Yours,
          Sarah FE
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
            In a message dated 11/22/01 5:25:45 PM, sarah.fe@... writes:

            << I have been lurking on this list for sometime without introducing myself.
            My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
            living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
            Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training Seminar
            and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a book on a
            list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
            lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the ideas fairly
            quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
            done before or something?

            Yours,
            Sarah FE >>

            *******I think that's a great idea, to take up the meditative path in general
            and Knowledge of the Higher Worlds in particular. We're starting to go
            through the Basic Books on the RudolfSteiner101 list (we're starting
            "Theosophy" very soon), and maybe it would be a good companion study. What do
            people on the list think?

            Starman
          • sncherry@home.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
              I would like to do Steiner's Gospel of Luke.

              (another) Sarah

              --- In steiner@y..., DRStarman2001@a... wrote:

              > In a message dated 11/22/01 5:25:45 PM, sarah.fe@v... writes:
              >
              > << I have been lurking on this list for sometime without
              introducing myself.
              > My name is Sarah Ford Elliott and I am a full time mother of 4 children
              > living in Kent, England. My children go to the Steiner School near
              > Canterbury. I have just started the London Waldorf Teacher Training
              Seminar
              > and am enjoying it immensely. It would be wonderful to discuss a
              book on a
              > list like this. I'm fairly new to anthroposophy (at least in this
              > lifetime!), although with a degree in Theology I pick up on the
              ideas fairly
              > quickly. Would "To Know Higher Worlds" be a possibility, or has it been
              > done before or something?
              >
              > Yours,
              > Sarah FE >>
              >
              > *******I think that's a great idea, to take up the meditative path
              in general
              > and Knowledge of the Higher Worlds in particular. We're starting to go
              > through the Basic Books on the RudolfSteiner101 list (we're starting
              > "Theosophy" very soon), and maybe it would be a good companion
              study. What do
              > people on the list think?
              >
              > Starman
            • KevinDockery
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004
                Hello,
                I am Kevin Dockery the Director of the Foundation for the Advancment
                of Human Knowledge. I am new to this group, and I would like to
                introduce myself. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to training
                the mind and the development of our latent human capacities. I wish
                to become friends with the members of this group so that I may serve
                when it is time for me to serve, and learn when it is time for me to
                learn. I do not profess to know it all. Neither am I professing to
                be a master. I, however, am professing that when it comes to tapping
                into the hidden capacties of your heart I get to be one of the best.
                I am open to anyone who has something to offer.

                Sincerly,
                Kevin Dockery (The Director of the Foundation for the Advancement of
                Human Knolwedge. www.fahk.org.
              • KevinDockery
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004

                • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 21, 2004
                    Hello, KevinDockery,

                    I took the opportunity to visit your web site, and found it extremely
                    interesting. As a beginning introduction into the steiner group, I
                    wonder if you've been able to look into the work and some of the 6,000
                    lectures given by Rudolf Steiner? You might find much to recommend
                    itself to you and your group by undertaking the effort. Rudolf Steiner's
                    work is known as Anthroposophy, loosely translated as "knowledge of man
                    and his spirit," or "knowledge of the spiritual in man and mankind", a
                    knowledge far transcending that of the mind. As one trained in hard core
                    science, I feel myself extremely fortunate to have studied Steiner's
                    works for more than 40 years.

                    Welcome on board,

                    Sheila

                    KevinDockery wrote:

                    > Hello,
                    > I am Kevin Dockery the Director of the Foundation for the Advancment
                    > of Human Knowledge. I am new to this group, and I would like to
                    > introduce myself. I am very knowledgeable when it comes to training
                    > the mind and the development of our latent human capacities. I wish
                    > to become friends with the members of this group so that I may serve
                    > when it is time for me to serve, and learn when it is time for me to
                    > learn. I do not profess to know it all. Neither am I professing to
                    > be a master. I, however, am professing that when it comes to tapping
                    > into the hidden capacties of your heart I get to be one of the best.
                    > I am open to anyone who has something to offer.
                    >
                    > Sincerly,
                    > Kevin Dockery (The Director of the Foundation for the Advancement of
                    > Human Knolwedge. www.fahk.org.

                  • Doctorstarman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 1, 2004

                      Note: Use password to open archive.