780chap 7 ?s

  • D F
    Dec 30, 2001
      so, have we fully answered the first question of the
      preface?: Is there a view of the essential nature of
      Man which provides a foundation for all that meets us
      from the world?

      I wonder if anybody joining this list has done much
      research into the work of Husserl? If so, I would
      greatly appreciate hearing how the steps taken so far
      by Steiner relate to Husserl's approach to examining
      the nature of knowledge. I know that the each believe
      that we must begin our explorations of knowledge free
      of presuppositions and that they each closely observe
      the active role of thinking, but I don't know where
      they really overlap and disagree....Anybody?

      I would also like to hear from those who have been
      able to confirm these first 7 chapters through their
      own experiences about how their experiences of living
      thinking have changed over the course of time? I
      think it is important to do what we can to avoid a
      static articulation of these experiences.

      And I'd appreciate it if somebody would be willing to
      share a personal example of a 'percept of myself'?

      Thanks

      Carol

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic