75Welcome to Gisele

  • Sena Fernando
    Sep 5, 2000
      Thanks for your message, Gisele, and I want to assure you that you
      are very welcome here.

      When I set up the group it was for for people who had read something
      of Steiner, felt there was something good there, but did not want to
      be forced to accept some dogmatic interpretation of his works. I now
      realize the welcome message is rather off-putting, and I have amended
      it to read, " for those interested in Steiner, but not necessarily
      paid-up members of the Anthroposophical Society".

      It is typical of organizations like the AS that they make you join up
      before you can attend the first class. I would have thought the more
      reasonable approach would be to teach someone about Steiner, then
      give them the option of joining.

      The part of Steiner's teaching which most appeals to me is his
      account of what happens after death in the Spiritual World, and how
      the Soul then makes the decision to return to the next earth life. Is
      the book you are referring to :"Life, Death, Birth, and
      Reincarnation" ? This is out-of-print, and the English version is
      very difficult to get hold of. If you still have it with you it would
      be great if you could share with us some of the important points in
      I look forward to hearing from you.