59Soul-Calendar

    Jul 23, 2000
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 14th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable one to experience 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within in the course of the year. It's below in the original German
      and in English.

      An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
      Verlor ich Eigenwesens Trieb,
      Gedankentraum, er schien
      Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
      Doch weckend nahet schon
      In Sinnenschein mir Weltendenken.

      To Senses' offerings given over
      I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
      Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
      To stupefy me, the Self to rob,
      But a waking now approaches
      From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and the mantras, which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspiration". The surface meaning of the words of a
      mantra is not the essential thing, but rather the recitation of it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
      were also created in the German language and have their rhythm in it, so
      learning an English version is just a step to using the original. Steiner
      spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and could be
      for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
      close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Cancer
      Gemini from July 21st to Aug. 3rd in our era. Unfortunately we don't yet have
      the symbolic image of Cancer to send.) The Moon positions and phases are
      listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
      famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
      contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday July 23rd. Moon Aries. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian
      Teacher in Justinian's Time.
      Monday July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.
      Tuesday July 25th. Moon Taurus. St. Chistopher.
      Wednesday July 26th. Moon Taurus. Anna.
      Thursday July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.
      Friday July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre
      executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.
      Saturday July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

      Dr. Starman*******
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic