5843Soul-Calendar, Week 14 after Easter- SUMMER

    Jul 20, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, green, is attached to this e-mail.

    *******MANTRA # 14 (Summer)*******

    An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,

    Verlor ich mein Eigenwesens Trieb,

    Gedankentraum, er schien

    Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,

    Doch weckend nahet schon

    In Sinnenschein mir Weltendanken.

    To Senses' offerings given over

    I lose Self-Essence's Drive;

    Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems

    To stupefy me, the Self to rob,

    But a waking now approaches

    From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

        The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self. This is the St. John's experience of "I must decrease that He may increase."

       This week that World-Thinking, the Ideas the Spirit uses to build Nature, now begins to approach us in our summer waking-dream state, where we are immersed in the senses' beauty.

    Sunday July 20th. Moon Taurus.  The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

    Monday July 21st. Moon Gemini. Daniel.

    Tuesday July 22nd. Moo
    n Gemini. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

    Wednesday July 23rd. Moon Cancer.  Apollinaris, Student of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

    Thursday July 24th. Moon Cancer. Christiana.

    Friday July 25th. Moon Cancer.
    St. Christopher.

    Saturday July 26th. Moon Leo. New Moon. Anna.

       Mars is high in the southwest at sunset, a brilliant yellow-red "star". It's now between the bright star Spica (the ear of corn held by Virgo the Virgin) on the right and yellowish Saturn to the left (east).