5760Calendar of the Soul, Week 34 after Easter

    Nov 17, 2013

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' or purple we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 34  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend
      mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
      self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the
      world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead
      wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead. Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
      mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life,
      and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in
      such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 17th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon.  1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

      Monday, November 18th. Moon Gemini.  1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

      Tuesday, November 19th. Moon Gemini.  Zacharius.

      Wednesday,  November 20th. Moon Cancer.  Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

      Thursday, November 21st. Moon Cancer.  Festival of the Offering of Mary.

      Friday  November 22nd. Moon Leo. 1694 Voltaire born.

      Saturday,  November 23rd. Moon Leo. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 11 P.M. The waning moon is seen close to it late Thursday night.