5696Soul-Calendar, Mantra #3

    Apr 14, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, red, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 3 *

    Es spricht zum Weltenall,

    Sich Selbst vergessend

    Und seines Urstands eingedenk,

    Des Menschen wachsend Ich:

    In dir, befreiend nich,

    Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,

    Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

    There speaks to the World-All,

    Of Self forgetful

    And of its Primal state one in thinking,

    Man’s waxing “I”:

    ‘In you, freeing me

    From my Selfhood’s chains,

    I penetrate to my true Essence’.

    An interpretation of the mantra: The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the Growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2 of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the senses, the plants springing forth and so on.

       This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction, so to speak, between self and Self, or the little ego and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel

    these two 'selves' distinctly different, should feel this deep True Self is now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

       In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the World-All. In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little 'self'), I penetrate (dig down deep into) my True Essence (Being, Self---I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' is the source of it).

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 14th. Moon Gemini.   Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born1629.

    Monday, April 15th. Moon Cancer.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

    Tuesday, April 16th. Moon Cancer.   Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

    Wednesday,  April 17th. Moon Cancer. First Quarter.  Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

    Thursday,  April 18th. Moon LeoApollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

    Friday
     April 19th. Moon Leo.  Darwin died 1882.

    Saturday,
    April 20th. Moon Virgo.  Sulpicius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. The moon passes close to both Sunday and Monday nights.

    -Starman.