5590Calendar of the Soul, Week 33 after Easter

    Nov 18, 2012

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO  from November 10th through  30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 33 *

    So fühl ich erst die Welt,
    Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
    An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
    Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
    In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,
    In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

    So feel I first the World,
    That without my Soul's Living-With it
    As but a frozen empty Life
    And without Power is revealed---
    In new shaping out of the Soul,
    In itself alone, can only find Death.

        In the Autumn, we gradually gain greater Self-Consciousness rather than
    outer consciousness of external nature, as in Summer.

       Last week in this ongoing process, we felt how our consciousness was now strong enough to gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

        This week, we reach the point in the growth of self-consciousness where we first feel detached completely from the outer world for the first time since summer, and see that, without our soul's participation on it, it would be an icy, dead wasteland--- while we feel a strong urge to create, but must see that, IF what we create has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be "dead".

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday,  November 18th. Moon Aquarius1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

    Monday,   November 19th. Moon Aquarius.  Zacharius.

    Tuesday,  November 20th. Moon Pisces. First QuarterAmos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

    Wednesday,  November 21st. Moon Pisces. Festival of the Offering of Mary.

    Thursday,  November 22nd. Moon Aries.  1694 Voltaire born.

    Friday
      November 23rd. Moon Aries. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

    Saturday,
     November 24th. Moon Aries. 1632 Spinoza born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
      Mars can still be seen low in the southwest at sunset, except from high latitudes.
    Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising about an hour after sunset, next to the bright star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.