5447Soul-Calendar, Week 11 after Easter

    Jun 17, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 11 *

    Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde

    An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;

    An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,

    In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:

    Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich

    Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

    It is in this Sun-hour

    For you, the wise prophecy to know;

    To World-Beauty given over,

    In you you feel to live through:

    Man's I can lose itself

    And find itself in the World-I.

    *******An interpretation of the mantra:

        The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood, to find ourselves again (in spirit-being) in the height of summer.

    Sunday, June 17th. Moon Gemini. Montanus.

    Monday,  June 18th. Moon GeminiMarkus.

    Tuesday, June 19th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.
    Wednesday,  June 20th. Moon Cancer. Silverius.

    Thursday, June 21st. Moon Leo. Eusebius

    Friday,  June 22nd. Moon Leo. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

    Saturday,  June 23rd. Moon Leo.  Colombus born 1456.

        "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn dominate the night sky. Reddish Mars is high in the west at sunset, to the left of the Lion.  Yellowish Saturn is low in the south, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. Mars is approaching Saturn and will conjunct it next month. The moon will pass by both next week.

  • Show all 5 messages in this topic