5438Soul-Calendar, Week 9 after Easter

    Jun 3, 2012
    [Attachment(s) from Durward Starman included below]

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 9 *

    Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit

    Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend

    Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;

    Im Lichte mich zu verlieren

    Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,

    Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:

    Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

    Forgetting my Egohood’s Will,

    The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,

    Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;

    To lose myself in the Light,

    The Spirit-Vision commands me,

    And powerfully prophesies to me:

    Lose yourself, and yourself you’ll find.

        The spiritual force of the light in the outer world, as the summer sun returns, now grows so strong that the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it; and this is just what we should do at this time, for it's a stage in a process necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year. The motif of the summer verses is 'Lose your self, to find your self'.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, June 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Clotilde.

    Monday,  June 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Full Moon.   Karpasius.

    Tuesday, June 5th. Moon Capricorn.   Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

    Wednesday,  June 6th. Moon Capricorn. Julian the Apostate born 331.

    Thursday, June 7th. Moon Aquarius.    Lucian.

    Friday,  June 8th. Moon Aquarius.   Muhammed died 632.

    Saturday,  June 9th. Moon Pisces. Columban.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, next to the heart of the Lion, Regulus.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin.