5433Soul-Calendar Mantra 8: Dreams

    May 27, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 8 *

    Es wächst der Sinne Macht

    Im Bunde mit der Götter Schaffen,

    Sie drückt des Denkens Kraft

    Zur Traumes Dumpfheit mir herab.

    Wenn göttlich Wesen

    Sich meiner Seele einen will,

    Muss menschlich Denken

    Im Traumessein sich still bescheiden.

    There waxes the Senses’ Might

    In Union with the Gods’ Shaping,

    It draws my Thinking’s Power

    Down to Dream Dimness.

    When godly Essence

    With my soul would become one,

    Must Man’s Thinking

    Quietly humble itself to Dream-existence .

       An interpretation of this week's mantra:   The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is so strong that it dims down our thinking--- and this week, that very dim dream state is more what we must pay heed to.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, May 27th. Moon Leo. Pentacost (Whitsun). Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265. Calvin died 1564.

    Monday,  May 28th. Moon Virgo. First Quarter.  Wilhelm.

    Tuesday, May 29th. Moon Virgo.   Christiana.

    Wednesday,  May 30th. Moon Libra.  The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.

    Thursday, May 31st. Moon Libra.   Angela

    Friday,  June 1st. Moon Scorpio.  Nicodemus.

    Saturday,  June 2nd. Moon Scorpio.  Erasmus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus is disappearing from the evening sky, for the next 9 months. It can be seen only for the first few minutes after sunset, low in the west. Yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, next to the heart of the Lion, Regulus. The moon will be seen near it Monday and Tuesday nights. Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. The moon passes near it Thursday night.