5425Soul-Calendar, Week 5 after Easter

    May 6, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 47 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 5 *

    Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen

    In Raume fruchtbar webend

    Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:

    In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen

    Geweitet zu dem Weltensein

    Und auferstanden

    Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

    In Light, that out of Spirit-Depths

    Weaving in Space bears its fruit,

    The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :

    In it shines the Soul’s Essence

    Widened to World-Existence

    And resurrected

    Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

       The weaving of the Sun in the spring growth of the plants this week reveals the Divine working. We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner souls--- that it is like our soul spread out around us in external space.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, May 6th. Moon  Sagittarius.  John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

    Monday,  May 7th. Moon Sagittarius.    Gottfried.

    Tuesday, May 8th. Moon Sagittarius. The Prophet Micah.  H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

    Wednesday,  May 9th. Moon Capricorn.  Schiller died 1805.

    Thursday, May 10th. Moon Capricorn.  Gordian.

    Friday,  May 11th. Moon Aquarius.  Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

    Saturday,  May 12th. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Pancratius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus is high in the west at sunset, about to return to the sun and disappear from the evening sky for 9 months. Yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, next to the heart of the Lion, Regulus.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset.