5411Calendar of the Soul, Week 47 after Easter

    Mar 11, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  through  Apr. 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 47 *

    Es will erstehet aus dem Weltenschoss

    Die Sinnenschein erquickend, Werdelust.

    Sie finde meines Denkens Kraft

    Gerüstet durch die Gotteskraft

    Die kräftig mir im Innern leben.

    There will arise out of the World-Womb,

    The Senses’ shine to quicken, Growth-Joy.

    It shall find my Thinking’s Force

    Prepared through the Gods’ Forces

    That forcefully in my Inner self live.

           We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to sleep in a sense while the Earth rather awakens.

           Last week, we felt by working with the mantra how the surging new life in the outer world would have benumbed our souls if the force of Memory hadn't come in to play its proper role of preserving the Vision the Spirit had of what it wishes to create this year.

         This week, we feel how we find joy in that outer spring growth, and that our thinking is well prepared through the Divine to receive the world's revelations of new life.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 11th. Moon Scorpio. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

    Monday,  March 12th. Moon Scorpio.   Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

    Tuesday, March 13th. Moon Sagittarius.  1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

    Wednesday,  March 14th. Moon Sagittarius.  Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

    Thursday, March 15th. Moon Capricorn. Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew’s Gospel).

    Friday,  March 16th. Moon Capricorn.  1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

    Saturday,  March 17th. Moon Aquarius.  Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the west at sunset, approaching conjunction to Jupiter, the bright "star" to its left and higher up. They are exactly conjunct this week.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Yellow-reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southeastern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it has brightened to yellow-orange and turned retrograde in the sky, meaning it will return to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 19th mantra today.