5373Soul-Calendar, Week 31 after Easter

    Nov 20, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIUS from Nov. 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 31  *

    Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

    Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

    Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

    Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

    Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

    Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

    In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

    The Light out of Spirit-Depths

    Strives outwards like the Sun:

    It turns into Life-Will-Force

    And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

    Power to release,

    That Shaping-Might, out of Soul-Drives,

    In Man's Work will let ripen.

        The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week in this process, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

       This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creative, shaping forces.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 20th . Moon Libra.  Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

     Monday,  November 21st. Moon Libra.  Festival of the Offering of Mary.

     Tuesday, N
    ovember 22nd. Moon Scorpio.
     1694 Voltaire born.

    .Wednesday,
     November 23rd. Moon Scorpio.   Clemens (the companion of Paul).

    Thursday,
     November 24th. Moon Sagittarius.  1632 Spinoza born.

    Friday,  November 25th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon.   1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

    Saturday,
     November 26th. Moon Capricorn. . Alexander.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 5th mantra today.