5367Soul-Calendar, Week 29 after Easter

    Nov 7, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 20 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'      Sorry we are late this week.-starman

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 9  *

    Sich selbst des Denkens leuchten

    Im Innern kraftvoll zu entfachen,

    Erlebtes sinnvoll deutend

    Aus Weltengeistes Kräftequell,

    Ist mir nun Sommererbe

    Ist Herbstesruhe und auch Winterhoffnung.

    The Glowing Light of Thinking

    Within oneself powerfully to enkindle,

    Life's meaningfulness interpreting

    Out of the World-Spirit's Power-Source,

    Is to me Summer's inheritance,

    Is Fall's Rest and also Winter's Hope.

        The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week, we felt this growing self-consciousness cause our being to widen: thinking found itself able to solve seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life, and in our feelings, many wishes we had given up on now we see it possible to realize.

       This week, we should feel this growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless in life; giving us a feeling of a restful pause and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 6th . Moon Aries 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

     Monday,  November 7th. Moon Aries. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

     Tuesday, N
    ovember 8th. Moon Taurus.
     1674 Milton died.

    .Wednesday,
     November 9th. Moon Taurus. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

    Thursday,
     November 10th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

    Friday,  November 11th. Moon Gemini.  St. Martin's Day.

    Saturday,
     November 12th. Moon Gemini.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn. The full moon this week will appear close to it.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the third mantra today.