5364Soul-Calendar, Week 28 after Easter

    Oct 30, 2011
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

    Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

    Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

    Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

    Aus Seelensonnenmacht

    Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

    Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

    Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

    I can in my Inner self newly alive

    Feel my own Essence widen

    And power-filled Thinking-rays

    Out of the Soul's Sun-Might

    Give to Life's Riddles unloosening,

    Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

    That before, even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

       The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

       This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

       This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self out into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life---  which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 30th . Moon CapricornClaudius.

     Monday,  October 31st. Moon Capricorn. Wolfgang.

     Tuesday, N
    ovember 1st. Moon Aquarius.
     Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

    .Wednesday,
     November 2nd. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

    Thursday,
     November 3rd. Moon Aquarius.  Malachi (the Prophet).

    Friday,  November 4th. Moon Pisces. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

    Saturday,
     November 5th. Moon Pisces.  1494 Hans Sachs born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn. The full moon next week will be seen close to it.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the second mantra today.