5238Soul-Calendar, Week 30 after Easter

    Oct 24, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 20 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, VIOLET, is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 3 0  *

    Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht

    Des Denkens reife Früchte

    In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit

    Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.

    Empfinden kann ich freudevoll

    Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:

    Der Winter wird in mir

    Den Seelensommer wecken.

    There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light

    The ripening Fruits of Thinking,

    Into Self-Consciousness' certainty

    Transforming all Feelings.

    I can perceive joyously

    The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:

    The Winter becomes in me

    The Soul-Summer's wakening.

        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

       This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakens fully.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 24th. Moon Taurus. Raphael (the Archangel).

    Monday,  October 25th.  Moon Gemini. 1806 Max Stirner born.

    Tuesday,  October 26th. Moon Gemini. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).

    Wednesday,   October 27thMoon Cancer. Sabina.

    Thursday,   October 28thMoon Cancer. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

    Friday,    October 29th. Moon Leo. Narcissus.

    Saturday,    October 30th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter.  Claudius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.