5211Re: Success of anthroposophy

  • classiquepair
    Aug 24, 2010
      Hi Robert.

      And thank you for your comments. I am finding your discussion with Starman interesting now that I realize you aren't so much on the attack. Coming in stating that the movement we are here in which to share and discuss...has failed...doesn't exactly open a environment of warmth. But as your comments evolve, it is clear that you really are looking for something and want to know if perhaps Steiner has something to offer.

      I live in the U.S.A. and in my area, it is challenging to find spiritually sympathetic souls. I'm sure they are around, but just not so visible. America is going through some challenging times right now and unfortunately all of this has a dramatic affect on quite a large portion of the world. In fact, it is partly because of these severe challenges that has brought me back to Anthroposophy.

      Please keep sharing your thoughts, and I'm particularly interested in what you have read and are reading. I have that Adams book you mentioned but have not jumped in. It's been on my shelf for a very long time and I don't know why I didn't get into it (and it does have quite a bit of other unread books to keep it company) but your discussion about the concave growth patterns of plants perked my interest. I don't know if you have access to this book (the one I'm about to name), but more interesting discussions on the etheric world and growth patterns is "Toward a Phenomenology of the Etheric World," a collection of seven different essays by various authors. I had this silly notion long ago that if I studied these books that with only observation skills I would be able to detect certain truths about the etheric world.

      Thanks again.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic