5204RE: [steiner] Re: Success of anthroposophy

    Aug 22, 2010

      I've been reading Steiner lectures (and books) for quite a while, mostly 'a while ago.' However, I have recently taken up the torch again and must say, at this later time, the pieces fit together much more snugly now.

      I always thought of Anthroposophy as the essential knowledge that once passed on in Mystery centers throughout human history. The essential point was not that the masses were aware of the esoterica, but that the traditions and information essential for a conscious evolution were kept alive in the background. Working with this material of Steiner's is very difficult and really is not suitable right now for the masses, who are engaged in all sorts of folly.

      We are pressing forward and clearly need to change, to evolve and integrate spirituality into our world view, and bring, as Dr. Steiner so wanted, science and spirit together.

      The impulse is very much alive. I look around and see newly published materials with Anthroposophical leanings (Steiner Books, Anthroposophical Press, Temple Lodge, Floris Publications, etc.) flowing out continuously and in these economically trying times, that means to me there is a strong market for such material.

      Computers (Ahrimanic as they are) and Anthroposophists seem to be at odds with one another, to a large extent, and even so, I have found quite a "Steiner" presence online!

      It is easy to confuse "popular" with "successful."

      *******I agree, and I'll add that it appears that anthroposophists in the past 10 or 15 years seem to have gotten out of the anti-technology frame of mind that made us appear so silly. The staging of the mystery plays at the Goetheanum used computer technology to do the lighting and all of the audience was given wireless headsets that could be set to hear the German dialogue in either English or French. And since our little group started online over 10 years ago, there has been an explosion anthroposophical presence on the Internet.

      -starman
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic