5166Soul-Calendar, Week 2 after Easter

    Apr 11, 2010

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   ****** ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A #  2 *

    Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

    Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

    Es finden Geisteswelten

    Den Menschensprossen wieder,

    Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

    Doch seine Seelenfrucht

    In sich muss finden.

    In outer World of the Senses

    Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

    The Spiritual Worlds find

    The offspring of Man again,

    Whose seed is in them

    But who must find its Soul-Fruit,

    Within itself.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

    The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the world through them. Our thinking

    thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 11th Moon Pisces.  Leo (Pope that turned back the wave of Attila from Italy).

    Monday,  April 12th. Moon Aries.   Zeno.

    Tuesday,  April 13th. Moon Aries.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

    Wednesday,  April 14th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born1629.

    Thursday,  April 15th. Moon Taurus.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

    Friday,   April 16th Moon Taurus.  Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

    Saturday,   April 17th. Moon Gemini.   Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun. It will appear there for about the next 9 months. The first crescent of the new moon will be seen near it Thursday night.

    Reddish MARS is high in the sky at sunset, almost directly overhead (at the zenith).

    SATURN rises in the southeast as the sun sets in the west.