5164Soul-Calendar, Week 51 after Easter

    Mar 28, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   ****** ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 5 1  *

    Ins Innre des Menschenwesens

    Ergiesst der Sinne Reichtum sich,

    Es findet sich der Weltengeist

    Im Spiegelbild des Menschenauges,

    Das seine Kraft aus ihm

    Sich neu erschaffen muss.

    Into the Inner Essence of Man

    Gush the Senses’ Riches;

    The World-Spirit finds itself

    In mirror-image of Man’s Eye,

    That its Power out of this

    Must shape anew.

        Last week, we felt, through the use of the mantra, how the spring's growth spoke, saying that Nature is spiritually under a spell which can only be overcome by us carrying it into our own deeds. This week we should feel the richness of all the sprouting new growth of nature pour into us, so that Nature itself is transformed into something new through our beholding its power within us.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 28th Moon Virgo.

    1749 LaPlace born.

    Monday,  March 29th. Moon Libra. Full Moon.

    1772 Swedenborg died.

    Tuesday,  March 30th. Moon Libra.

    Guido v. Arezzo (Benedictine monk of

    the 11th century, worked at reforming Church music).

    Wednesday,  March 31st. Moon Scorpio.

    The Prophet Amos. The Prophet Jeremiah. Newton died 1727. Bunsen born 1811.

    Thursday,  April 1st. Moon Scorpio.

    Hugo (11th cent. Guardian of the Cartesian Order).

    Friday,   April 2nd. Moon Sagittarius.

    Francis de Paul, founder of the order in the 15th century. Theodosia, martyr in 4th century. Charlemagne born 742. Morse died 1872.

    Saturday,   April 3rd. Moon Sagittarius.

     The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun. It will appear there for about the next 9 months.

    Reddish MARS is high in the southern sky at sunset, almost directly overhead (at the zenith).

    SATURN is now at opposition to the sun, and rises in the East as the sun sets in the west, also an 'evening star' for the next 6 months. The almost-full moon is seen near it Sunday night.