5160Soul-Calendar, Week 49 after Easter

    Mar 14, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                      **** ********* ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *

    Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

    So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

    Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

    In finstern Weltennächten,

    Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

    Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

    “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

    So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

    Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing

    In the dark World-Night,

    And drawing close to nearing World-Day

    With its inner Rays of Hope.

        We are heading towards spring, when the Earth awakens.  This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner, and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 14th Moon Pisces. Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

    Monday,  March 15th. Moon Pisces. New MoonChristopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew’s Gospel).

    Tuesday,  March 16th. Moon Aries. 1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

    Wednesday,  March 17th. Moon Aries. Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

    Thursday,  March 18th. Moon Taurus. Day of Remembrance of the First Day of the World.

    Friday,   March 19th. Moon Taurus. Joseph (husband of Mary). Mary of Bethany (Lazarus’ sister in John’s Gospel).

    Saturday,   March 20th. Moon Gemini. Joachim (father of Mary). Martin Scotus (worthy spreader of Christendom in Poland).

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West.

    SATURN rises in the East about 9 P.M.